[UK Derby] LL Game at Con-Quest 2011

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

[UK Derby] LL Game at Con-Quest 2011

Postby gentleman john » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, I'm off to Con-Quest again this year. As part of the fun on 30 April, I shall be running a Labyrinth Lord/BECMI game. Details will eventually be posted on the convention website (http://www.con-quest.co.uk/?cat=4).

Hope to see some of the UK contingent there!
gentleman john

Re: [UK Derby] LL Game at Con-Quest 2011

Postby NotSoNinJa » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Great stuff, I hope to see you there!

Is it possible to prebook a space or is it first come, first served?
NotSoNinJa

Postby gentleman john » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 pm

First come, first served I'm afraid - unlike the Birmingham Expo (and I'll be doing that one too). The sign-up sheets are usually posted in the first landing for the Darwin suite and you sign up on the day. IIRC, I'm running the LL game in the morning.
gentleman john

Postby NotSoNinJa » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 pm

In that case I'll try and get there early!
NotSoNinJa

Postby gentleman john » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Please do. For some reason, Labyrinth Lord/BECMI has been very popular since the advent of 4e and Pathfinder.
gentleman john

Postby gentleman john » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Just a bit of thread necromancy to remind any UK readers that Con-Quest is on in Derby in less than a fortnight.
gentleman john

Postby NotSoNinJa » Sun May 01, 2011 7:37 am

Hi John,

Just a quick note to say thanks for running a really entertaining LL sesssion. I presume the adventure scenario is one of your own, have you published it online anywhere?

Cheers,

Bruce aka Mungus the rather butch Goblin.
NotSoNinJa

Postby gentleman john » Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 am

Bruce -

Glad you liked it. I have to say it was hard work keeping with everybody when they split up, and i was worried about keeping everyone entertained. Still, that's the fun of playing chaotic goblins. All I can hope is that everybody else liked it as well.

To answer your questions. Yes - the scenario is one of my own. I like to write new scenarios for every con. Is it online? Unfortunately no. The scenario would need work before I could put it out. Currently the encounter notes exist as one file, while the layout of the necropolis exists as handwritten notes in a little black book. However, if you want the details, give me some time and I could write them up.

Ironically, one of the scenarios I intend to run at at Games Expo I am planning on putting out as a pdf when I can find some illustrators. My own artistic abilities are limited to piloting CAD programs and very bad sketches :(
gentleman john

Postby NotSoNinJa » Sun May 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Yup, as a player I'm usually of the 'never split the party' mind but chaos does as chaos is..or something! If you ever do get the chance to write it up I'd like a copy, it's a great simple premise that I've love to use in my own games. Wish I could help with the illustrating but it's just not where my talents lie!

I'll look out for you if I can get to the Brum Expo.

Cheers,

Bruce
NotSoNinJa

Postby Oublieditor » Sun May 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi John,

Just a quick note to say thanks to you and the other players for a very entertaining game. I played Stich'it the Goblin Shaman. I think the highlight was the encounter with the town guards("Goblins and they're competent!"), but the back and forth stuff in the Necropolis was also great fun.

I'll put a couple of Con-quest pictures up on my blog tomorrow when I've got them off the camera.
Oublieditor

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings