Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby greyarea » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus will stay with the others in the common area, eating and talking. He will then retire a bit early, first to thank Torm for this day and then early to bed in anticipation for the long road ahead come morning.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 pm

tumblingdice wrote:"...She's biding her time until I make my move,"
"Shall we make a wager?"

Jayce - Fighter

"Nah, I can't leave you with a broken heart and a broken purse brother. Women are expensive, hold onto your coin." Jayce grinned. Absentmindedly his hand went to the locket around his neck, "Besides, I have a lady waiting back in Waterdeep..." "and she's the only reason I'm here..."
Jayce asks for stew and something warm to drink, With a sigh and a smile he quietly shows Dak how to spread butter on a SINGLE slice of bread, with a knife, rather than using his hand on a whole loaf :shock:

OOC:@badams: Jayce would like to speak to Buck privately regarding Isabel. Jayce wants to do some preemptive damage control. Hate to see a woman affect the Dutybound! :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm

You can PM me or do it on here. Buck is friendly and has overheard your chatting about Isabel, so you'd presume if he had any interest, he'd have said so. You also don't think he would have a problem in speaking with you about it....
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 am

Nahin -Elf

Nahin will settle in for a meal and a few drinks. After that he'll turn in early for a good nights rest after checking on their wagon and steeds.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Buck returns to the table just as your meal arrives. It's simple, hearty, unspectacular fare, but good nonetheless. Buck says "A couple of the locals remember seeing the relief party pass through a few weeks ago, but that's it. Nothing out of the ordinary, and no one has been past Triboar, so no word of the trail conditions. Everyone is worried about the cold and the storage of food..."

As you eat and rest, Buck makes small talk with all of you, asking how you met, and what brought you to the area. When you tell him of the mission at the keep, he is impressed, mentioning that the Lostafingas are serious business in these parts, and that it could have turned out very badly for you all. But he smiles and remarks that it is fortunate that you got to pick up your new colleague, Grinkle.

The inn clears out by about 7, and the innkeep comes to your table to show you your rooms. Buck has reserved four rooms, and each has two bunk beds in it, and 4 chests, and is filled with comfy pillows and blankets. Buck laughs and says "Enjoy the sleep, we've only got one more night of civilization's comforts then it's roughing it for us."

The rooms have thick oaken doors with locks and bars. We'll assume the bunk arrangements are: Room 1: Rory, Nahin. Room 2: Marcus, Grinkle. Room 3: Jayce, Dak. Room 4: Buck, Han. We'll use the same sleeping arrangements at Triboar as well, unless any objections.

Nahin, you visit the stables and see your wagon securely parked inside the barn, and a pair of young men are grooming and feeding your mounts. They turn and stare at you for a moment (elves are not the most common beings in the farming hamlets of the north) bid you a good evening, and return to their work.

You all relax, and then turn in. Other than the occasional mooing of cattle from the livestock pens in the center of town, the night is blissfully quiet and you get a great nights sleep. In the morning you awaken to freshen up and head downstairs, where you find Buck and Dak eating some light breakfast and chatting about plows and farm implements. Within an hour you are back on the road, and although it's probably an good hour or so before dawn, the town is up and moving, cattle going here and there, and farmers about their property as you head out of town.

You make good time and heading north on the tradeway your journey becomes boringly routine... at about noon, as you approach a grove of trees rounding a bend, you catch sight of what looks like a large brown bear munching on something at the edge of the road. Buck motions for you all to stop, and as you do, the creature turns toward you all and stares at you. You are probably 100-150 ft away. Neither of you are moving. Any special actions? Buck recommends leaving it alone, and either letting it finish or leave, then proceed quickly past.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus readies his crossbow just in case it decides to come closer. Hopefully, it won't take too long to finish its lunch, says the paladin.
greyarea

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

"I heard a story of men in the North, berserkers, who could change into bears...always think of that when I see a bear...makes you wonder right?"

(big smile)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby greyarea » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus' eyes turn wide at Hans' remark. Is this true? Could it be a shapeshifter ahead of us? I've heard talk of a ManBearPig in the North that we must all fear.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Buck casts a sideways glance at both of you and says with a smirk... "Nah, I think it's just a hungry brown bear. But we should be cautious just the same..."

The bear watches you for about a minute, then it sinks its teeth into the carcass of what looks to be a large deer or elk, and starts to drag it towards the trees. After about 3-4 minutes of dragging he disappears into the woodline. Buck cautiously motions everyone to proceed saying "Let's just get past here and out of its way, then we should be clear."

Passing by the bloodstained area at the side of the road, you can see the bear wearily watching you all from about 100 ft within the woodline, but he makes no movements and just watches you pass by.

The rest of the day passes without incident, and as the sun is getting low in the sky, Buck says "We should be at Triboar within the hour."

Next post to come this evening...
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Rory gives the bear a glance as they walk past, but says nothing, resisting the urge to wave at it or point back and forth between its eyes and his.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure