1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Postby rredmond » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 am

"Well met Kalanos," also shaking the man's hand, "you can call me Igli. How long have you know Stephan and his family?" he'll ask at the appropriate time with an inquisitive eye on Jarek.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Tret, landlubbing thief

"Greetings, Kalanos. Where might we put our supplies? Are we bedding with the crew on this journey?"

Tret takes note of what is being loaded on this riverboat and the crewmen -- do they look like men of skill or merely deckhands and longshoremen?
greyarea

Postby kipper » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius does not reply to Kalanos' attempt at small-talk. Instead he stands with arms crossed, watching the proceedings with a stern eye.
kipper

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

As he discreetly watches the actions of the crew (and their mannerisms) Athelstan will politely greet Kalanos, and then stand near Renardius, keeping an eye on the proceedings. "Renardius, my friend, I have a bad feeling about this."
badams30

Postby kipper » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:19 am

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius raises an eyebrow. He's come to respect Athelstan's intuition. He pauses for a moment before replying:

"Nothing we can't handle, I'm sure."
kipper

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Kalanos turns to Soldath. "Well, I'll be takin' you as far as Misha's ferry, then movin' on to Ilyakana, hopin' I can make it by nightfall." He scratches his beard as the looks at the river for a moment. "With this current you never know."

He continues. "Misha's a crazy old lady. Got a pet bear. But she's a good cook and can put a roof over yer head for the night. You set out early enough the next day and you should make it to Sukisyn by nightfall."

Athelstan, as the two chat you notice that the boat has a 3 foot gunwale, and some heavy oars. That's about it.

The boat man smiles at Jarek as he offers to help. "Nope," he says. "I pay 'em to do the rowin' and the loadin'. They can do it. Just wait till they're done before movin' in, all right?" he adds, nodding and smiling as he shakes Marion's hand.

At Igli's question, Kalanos laughs. "Stephan? Well, since I was a boy, I reckon. Grew up at the next homestead. He and his brother Pyotr terrorizin' the countryside on horseback. A couple a hell-raisers, the both of them were. Good men, though."

At Tret's question, some of the crew look up from their work. Kalanos raises an eyebrow. "Well, the sooner we shove off, the sooner we get there, and nobody has to sleep with anybody. Deal?"

As for the crew, Tret, they all look like deckhands and dirtbags. What do you think D&D stands for? :)

When the last barrell's been packed, Kalanos surveys the work. "All right, then, he says. On you go, then. Welcome aboard. And mind the gap."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius steps aboard, taking a position near what will be the front of the boat when underway.
kipper

Postby rredmond » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Igli chuckles as he makes the half jump over the gap. "Not too much boating underground, but plenty of ferrying when I was doing caravan guard work, always liked it." He nods at Kalanos, laughing at the story about Stephan and his brother, and nods at all the D&Ds. :D

EDIT: Igli will take a spot at the bow with Renardius, and enjoying taking in everything. Also so he can keep a lookout.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Tret, greengilled

Tret is relieved that this will be a daytrip. He takes a position at the back near the rudder so he can see what's coming as they make their way down-river.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Athelstan - Dour Fighter
Athelstan will quietly say to Renardius "I think I will take a place at the back of this thing, so as to be able to keep a watchful eye on this motley band of rowers. Be careful, friend. The sooner we get back on dry land the happier I will be."
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror