Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 am

greyarea wrote:Sorry but the action is passed -- Dandy is on the bridge, the salamander approaching. Dandy can attempt to flee the salamander or stand his ground. The salamander is between him and the far exit, not between him and the party.

Grimes can still change his action for this round.

Dandy
"Well... in that case... I stand where I be and throw'in me hammer at the foe closest to me!!" He offers Grimes a *wink*!! :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes stands beside Dandy, shield and sword ready and says "I'm with you, my friend. Let's give it to this creature!"
And he'll wait for his chance to swing away, thinking pleasantly of how it would look to have his sword dismember a piece of this large critter.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Why do you call your salamander Tiny?
Because, he's my newt!

Initiative Tiny d6, 2, Party d6, 3 Party has initiative

The party springs into action.

Dieter casts sleep on Tiny, the fire salamander, but the effects of the spell poof off in a sprinkle of sparks. Fire Salamanders are immune to sleep.

Furuk his crossbow at Tiny (d20, 20, Critical hit) but the bolt does no damage.

Einar (autopilot) takes aim at Tiny (d20, 1, CRITICAL MISS) but he jams his finger in his quiver and can't get off a shot! He will spend the next turn unjamming it.

Dandy launches his hammer at the oncoming sixteen-foot long Fire Salamander (d20, 17, HIT, dmg d8+2x2, 2+2x2=8) and the beast howls but does not stop his charge.

Grimes meets the oncoming beast with his sword (d20, 19, HIT, dmg 1d6+1, 1+1=2) and deals some damage as the oncoming beast twists aside.

Tiny swings his claws at both Grimes (d20, 17, HIT, dmg 1d4, 2), taking a chunk, and Dandy (d20, 14, HIT, dmg d4, 3) and then tries to bite the cleric too (d20, 5, MISS) but only gets a claw in. He tries to pull the cleric over the side (STR check, d20, 7, SUCCESS) but the cleric holds his ground and the massive creature doesn't pull him in.

Dandy's armor is hot (1 HP damage) and Grimes' is heating up fast. Further, being in melee with the monster has burned Dandy (d8, 5) and Grimes (d8, 2) on top of that. It's too bad Dieter has the Ring of Fire Resistance!

The struggle continues over the lava bridge. Tiny is gearing up for another go at knocking one of the two there into the lava below. Einar is out of the action for now, and Furuk and Dieter find their last moves impotent.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 27/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 15/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will cast continual light on the salamanders eyes.

OCC: Spell deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:23 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will keep swinging, hoping to lop a significant piece of Tiny off.
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 am

Furuk puts away his crossbow and takes his sword out.

“Can I have the ring Dieter?”, he says loudly while making his way towards to his companion.

He then begins sprinting towards the fire salamander to join the battle.
Craigers07

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 am

Dieter - Mage

Sure, but I will not be throw'in it! He will say to Furuk. If Furuk is in range he will hand it off to him.

OCC: I'm not sure how this all plays out while casting a spell.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 am

Hot Lava!

Initiative "Tiny" d6, 4, party d6, 5 Party has initiative

Dieter hands a his Ring of Fire Resistance off to Furuk (feeling the heat rise around him as he does) and then casts continual light on Tiny's eyes. The salamander is blinded.

Einar (autopilot) unjams his bow and prepares to fire next turn.

Furuk slips on the Ring of Fire Resistance as he charges across the bridge. He swings at the salamander (d20, 7, MISS) but can't connect.

Grimes keeps swinging (d20, 14, HIT, dmg d6+1, 5+1=6) and hacks in deep but not enough to lop a part off. Tiny screams.

Dandy (autopilot) smashes at the salamander with his hammer (d20, 4, MISS) but can't connect with the elemental creature.

"Tiny", blinded by Dieter's spell, claws at Dandy again (d20, 5, MISS) and then tries to claw and bite the halfling that struck him. He swings at Grimes (d20, 7, MISS) and then tries to bite him (d20, 16, HIT, dmg d8, 2) and tries to pull him off the ledge (STR check, d20, 1, SUCCESS) but can't get the halfling off!

Dandy and Grimes are both burned by their hot armor (1HP each). Further, being in melee with the monster has burned Dandy (d8, 2) and Grimes (d8, 8) on top of that. The Ring of Fire Resistance saves Furuk from the same!

The struggle continues over the lava bridge. Tiny is gearing up for another go at knocking one of the three into the lava below. Einar will fire again next turn.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 16/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 12/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:14 am

Furuk continues to attack the fire salamander.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 am

Grimes - FIghter

OOC: I'm starting to take a beating here, If this keeps up I have about 1 more round left before I'll have to withdraw, let's make this a good one!

IC: Grimes will grunt through the pain and heat and says "C'mon, die you stupid lizard!" And he swings at it again.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain