Feedback on my fan supplement

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Feedback on my fan supplement

Postby smarttman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Hey there, I recently just completed the first draft of my fan supplement for Mutant Future, Vaults of Old Earth. It is intended as mostly a character options book, but I'm considering adding some other things in later drafts. I'm looking for some feedback on the mechanics of them on if they seem sound. Some mechanics are cribbed/modified from other games, but I will credit them in the liscense

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXo ... sp=sharing

The supplement contains rules for

Four classes
Skills as backgrounds
A new race called 'Visitors'
Factions (Mix between alignment and cryptic alliances)
Augmentations - Cyberware, bioware and nanoware (which is actually freeform technomagic)
Mecha

Let me know what you think, and if there is something in league with these modifications you'd like to see
smarttman

Re: Feedback on my fan supplement

Postby Blood axe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:03 pm

I only skimmed it over, but i like the different groups based on alignments. Reminds me of Cryptic Alliances.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby smarttman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Yeah, I tried to keep the idea of alignments while also adding in the classic alliances, albiet with my own spins and interpretations
smarttman

Postby evangineer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:39 pm

I liked the supplement enough to register here! One question I have is regarding the Golem Consortium. The entry for them has two references to "mechs". Is this correct or were they supposed to be references to Mechas?

BTW, I've edited my copy of the supplement for minor spelling and grammar issues. Also have done a bit of layout on it as well as adding some cover blurb to give a flavour of the supplement and its implied setting. I would post it to Google docs, but I've been having issues with it. Happy to email it to you @smarttman if you want. Just PM me your email address.
evangineer

Postby evangineer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:43 am

I always like to see "Appendix N" info in game-related material. In this instance, I'd be curious as to the inspirations behind the implied setting in Vaults of Old Earth.

O-M for instance, reminds me of Ardneh from Fred Saberhagen's Empire of the East and Books of Swords.
evangineer

Postby smarttman » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. My Appendix N is really convoluted, as it derives from real world anthropology, snippets of fiction and my own ideas. I also tried to take some of the classic Alliances from Gamma World and add some spins onto them
smarttman

Postby evangineer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks @smarttman. Perhaps you could write a blog post about your Appendix N when you have time.

I would really appreciate an answer regarding the Golem Consortium. The entry for them has two references to "mechs". Is this correct or were they supposed to be references to "Mechas"?
evangineer

Postby smarttman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 pm

evangineer wrote:Thanks @smarttman. Perhaps you could write a blog post about your Appendix N when you have time.

I would really appreciate an answer regarding the Golem Consortium. The entry for them has two references to "mechs". Is this correct or were they supposed to be references to "Mechas"?

Yes it is supposed to be mechas. I usually switch around the use of mecha and mech when I write
smarttman

Postby evangineer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:41 pm

smarttman wrote:Yes it is supposed to be mechas. I usually switch around the use of mecha and mech when I write

Sweet, I appreciate the clarification.

BTW, you have mail! ;)
evangineer

Postby smarttman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 am

Thanks!

I'm now trying to decide if I want to add in customizable EMAs and a new piece of armor I'm calling a 'symbsuit'. Symbsuits are basically EMAs, but they are instead biotechnology and strange organics vat-growth. Basically they would be outlets to apply cyberware and bioware too that would not risk all the drawbacks for it, but potentially costing more money or some such. That would allow androids to use bioware in a way and it could even further expand character options.
smarttman

Next

Return to Mutant Future