Soonercon 21 June 15-17, 2012 in Oklahoma City Needs LL!

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Soonercon 21 June 15-17, 2012 in Oklahoma City Needs LL!

Postby Dark Okie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 am

Greetings, my name is Bill, and I am the gaming coordinator for Soonercon, and I would like to see some OSR games at our convention. If you volunteer to run games for a five hour block, you get a free weekend pass. Here is a link to our convention.

http://www.soonercon.com/

If you or anyone you know is interested, send me a message.

Thanks!
Dark Okie

Re: Soonercon 21 June 15-17, 2012 in Oklahoma City Needs LL!

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Good luck and success with your convention!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby seneschal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Any interest in a Mutant Future game?

Also, any guidelines or training for those who haven't run a convention game before?
seneschal

Postby Dark Okie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:22 am

If you want to run a Mutant Future game, that would be great as well! Our attitude is that if you want to run it; we will host it. I would run an OSR game, but I am going to be busy in my position.

As for guidelines, you will have about four to five hours to run a game, and when we get closer to the date, we hope to have a schedule up. I ran Castles and Crusades last year and had a blast. The ages of the people at my table were fourteen to fifty.

Tips for running a game.

Be on time!
Have pregen characters. This saves time, and prevents power gaming.
Be nice :D
The bottom line for me was being flexible with my adventure. I used Dyson Logos adventures for C&C last year and people enjoyed them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dark Okie

Return to Open Discussion