(Lich) (LL)Prestige/Template-like class

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

(Lich) (LL)Prestige/Template-like class

Postby drizzit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

first off im a newb i started D&D'ing three or four years ago i love LL and old school style. 3.5 is fun when you want specific, in depth mechanics. but i love freedom/sandbox and the randomness of the dice to tell a better story then i could ever think :) but sorry this is a little long. im looking for somewhat balanced but like i said this is more a Prestige/Template so id like to make it op'ish because lich's are bad ass, also id like good villains or player class's for those lucky anuf to make it to such a level. i believe (in end game anyway) to make balance make most thing's op then tweak power gamers or reduce effects of crazy combos but, its more fun insane. LL is better for insane because 3.5 use's to many dice once things get up in levels. any way here it is i hope you enjoy and i hope i didnt do to bad an get ripped a new one. or take an arrow to the knee... p.s i stole most all of this from the ogl 3.5 D&D wiki and tryed to tweak it to LL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lich) Prestige/Template-like class
A lich is an undead spellcaster who has used its magical powers to unnaturally extend its life. Liches are scheming, and to some, insane. They hunger forever for greater power, long-forgotten knowledge, and the most terrible of arcane secrets. Because the shadow of death does not hang over them, they often conceive plans taking years, decades, or even centuries to come to fruition. A lich is a gaunt and skeletal humanoid with withered flesh stretched tight across horribly visible bones. Its eyes have long ago been lost to decay, but bright pinpoints of crimson (or other color’s) light burn on in the empty sockets. Liches speak Common plus any other languages they knew in life. A lich must create a phylactery. An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death.
A lich retains all the base creature’s ability’s, level’s, statistics, special abilities, possessions (aside from those needed in the ritual) and knowledge. The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate base abilities, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
Lich’s are immortal
Prime requisite: INT,WIS Requirements: 18 INT, 16 WIS, The ability to cast level 7 spells.
Max level : 4
Modifier: +2 INT, +2 WIS, +2 Cha
HD - 1-D-12
Ability’s: min/max - Str 3/18, Dex 3/18, Con 0/0, (undead lose Con) Int 15/20, Wis 15/20, Cha 6/20
Saving through’s: breath attack : 0 - poison or death : immune – paralyze or petrify : immune – wands : +2 – spells or spell like devices “ + 3 -“ retain your race’s/class’s saving throughs and keep using those tables as you level (wich will only be 4 more times as a lich ) unless your saves reach or already are max.
lich's receive -4 against turning.
Dark vision : 60ft
Liches resurrect themselves in 1d10 days if their phylactery is intact.
Immunities : Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), mind-affecting attacks. Poisons, paralysis, stunning, disease, magical sleep spells and death effects
At first level, the lich gains a +2 bonus points to AC.
Armor Bonus: At second level, the lich gains a +1 bonus to its natural AC. This bonus increases by an additional +1 each level, to a maximum of +3 at fourth level.
Skill Bonuses: the lich receives the following thief abilities at first level. The thief skills themselves are also first level. Or equal to players thief level – Hide in shadows and move silent. Gain 2% each level to a max of 6%.
Lich’s suffer no affect’s from fortitude unless it also works on objects or is harmless.-(i dont know if this matters?)
Lich’s are not subject to extra damage from critical hit’s, none lethal damage, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue or death from massive damage. A lich can not be raised and resurrection only works if the lich is willing.
Charnel Touch: At 2nd level, the lich gains a natural touch attack that may be made once per round. To use it, the lich makes a melee touch attack. The attack uses negative energy to deal 1d8+5 damage to the living. A save of (1/2 the lich's over all level + lich's Cha modifier. (Combine lich’s level + all level’s gained before lichdom, all class’s/race levels are added if this is not yet clear :P )) halves the damage. A lich with natural weapons may choose to use its natural weapons instead, and then may choose to deal 1d8+5 points of extra damage on one of the natural weapon attacks.
Fear Aura: By 3rd level, the lich becomes shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 1-D-8 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a save (Combine lich’s level + all level’s gained before lichdom, all class’s/race levels are added) or be affected as though by a fear spell from a magic-user of the lich's caster level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich's aura for 24 hours
Paralyzing Touch: At fourth level, any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed a save or permanently become paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any thing that can remove a curse can free the victim.. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a D 20 check or a D 15 healer check reveals that the victim is still alive.

Table: The LichHit Die: d12
Level/XP --AC bonus-- [Special]

1st / 5,001 --+0-- [Undead, Immunities, +1 damage to specific spell]
2nd / 10,001 --+1-- [Charnel Touch, 1 damage to specific spell]
3rd / 40,001 --+1=(2)-- [Fear Aura, Turn Resistance, +1damage to specific spell]
4th / 80,001 --+1=(3)-- [Paralyzing Touch, +2 damage to specific spell]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this ritual can go wrong :D
To become a lich you need the Herbs of Unlife, the Distilled Water of the Undead, the Torch of Burning Souls, your phylactery, the Heart of Darkness, and a place to do it cursed by bloodshed.
· The Herbs of Unlife are grown in the coffin/body of a royal/important person slain by your hand. They grow in 4d10 days and may be plucked and preserved. When growing they must not touch light.
· The Distilled Water of Unlife is water gained from a source in which a corpse has been rotting in it for 7 days. This is the corpse of a young innocent half your age or less, and at the end of the 7 days it must be animated under Desecration or *Unhallow. The fate of the undead after that is irrelevant, just gather the water and mix with the Herbs and blood over the burning souls.
· The Torch of Souls is powered by burning and eventually, cracking a soul gem with the soul of a Good individual inside. With the flames now burning blue, you use this to heat the mixture of water, herbs and blood of the innocents to make the Elixir Don't forget the heart. The death of the corpse must be from having the heart removed while living. The potion brews in 6 hours.
· The Heart of Darkness must come from a drowned body. No light from the sun must shine when removed and or removing, The heart must be stored fresh inside a magic container until the time of the ritual. A magic box of repose death will work. The Heart is added to the potion at the ceremony.
It must be done on cursed land. With *Unhallow cast upon it, it must have been the site of some massacre, and even better if it was your doing. With a cupful of fresh human blood from any victim of good alignment, add to the potion and drink. If the murders were of your doing the good alignment is not required, anyone will do. At the next full moon, imbibe the potion. The drinker's life-force drains into the enchanted phylactery. The transformation begins.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unhallow
Evocation [Evil]
Level: Clr 5, Drd 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 24 hours
Range: Touch
Area: 40-ft. radius emanating from the touched point
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: See text

Unhallow makes a particular site, building, or structure an unholy site. This has three major effects. First, the site or structure is guarded by a magic circle against good effect. Second, all turning checks made to turn undead take a –4 penalty, and turning checks to rebuke undead gain a +4 profane bonus. Spell resistance does not apply to this effect. (This provision does not apply to the druid version of the spell.) Finally, you may choose to fix a single spell effect to the unhallowed site. The spell effect lasts for one year and functions throughout the entire site, regardless of its normal duration and area or effect. You may designate whether the effect applies to all creatures, creatures that share your faith or alignment, or creatures that adhere to another faith or alignment. At the end of the year, the chosen effect lapses, but it can be renewed or replaced simply by casting unhallow again. Spell effects that may be tied to an unhallowed site include aid, bane, bless, cause fear, darkness, daylight, death ward, deeper darkness, detect evil, detect magic, dimensional anchor, discern lies, dispel magic, endure elements, freedom of movement, invisibility purge, protection from energy, remove fear, resist energy, silence, tongues, and zone of truth. Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. (See the individual spell descriptions for details.) Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. (See the individual spell descriptions for details.) An area can receive only one unhallow spell (and its associated spell effect) at a time. Unhallow counters but does not dispel hallow. Material Component: Herbs, oils, and incense worth at least 1,000 gp, plus 1,000 gp per level of the spell to be tied to the unhallowed area.
. there are several different types of lich. there are only one or two that are done for good. one is done by elves normally by the oldest member of a family of high elves, the reason they choose lichdom is to protect and guide the family line for all time, this is done for the good of others and not for the immortality of the one so it is considered good and the elf does not change alignment. there is another that is done normally by someone who hates the thought of immortality but wants revenge, etc. they become a lich for a duration of one year. the process gives them a lot of power, etc. but they have only one year to live after completing the process to complete their final act, revenge, glory, etc. once they finish whatever they wanted to do they lie down and die, if after a year they haven't successfully completed the mission they die.
Last edited by drizzit on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I now view my long road as a search for truth in my own heart, in the world around me,
and in the bigger questions of purpose and of existence. How does one define good and evil." - Drizzt Do'Urden (full name Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon)
drizzit

Re: (Lich) Prestige/Template-like class

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:07 am

Craigers07

Postby drizzit » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:59 pm

i don't... understand...

and cant read it to well.
"I now view my long road as a search for truth in my own heart, in the world around me,
and in the bigger questions of purpose and of existence. How does one define good and evil." - Drizzt Do'Urden (full name Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon)
drizzit

Postby drizzit » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 pm

i made this today. i hope this all works with LL iv been told you cant just jump in to other class's on LL like 3.5 but anyway
there were a few adjustments made to my lich template

[14th level Druid/ 4th level Thief/ 4th level Lich, Halfling!]

- Kreluft the daft - - 92.5 - - 0 – (natural AC [2]) - 1D12 - -neutral/evil -
--------------------- ------- ------ --------- --------
Name HP AC HD alignment
Race- Halfling

140 before lichdome
current age - 240 72lb before
at least. 2’5ft Current - 34lb Botany and mycology
------ ------ ------- ----------
Age height weight profession
Description/background story.

Kreluft started out much like any fortunate anuff to be birthed with a cleric present, jiggle’y and full of goo… Kreluft was birthed into a family of a merchant guild although we no not of where, whom or which. Some even rumor there had been a clan of gypsy halfings whom used to travel the trails to only to find lands to singe and dance the nights through only to reapeat the act through there whole lives. The halfling was brought to this earth while his clan was traveling trade routs far across all the lands. Before Kreluft had even aged a year the travel’s where attacked and slaughtered, though no one to this day knows what attacked the caravan only that the wounds where not from animal, but of fine precise wounds. Kreluft did not die in that massacre although he has no memory of the ordeal his mother had fled to the wood and hid her child in a tree knot that served as a squirrel nest. Where he was not discovered by the attackers, although he was found by a half-elve ranger (the first to see the outcome of this massacre) a few days later who took the halfling to a not to far off wood and decided to raise the poor creature himself. The ranger was known as Mersh maple seed, he loved maple syrup and growing the trees themselves, but this is not his story :P. Kreluft was named by the ranger after an old barbarian word he had herd meaning growing plant. For the child had a way with plants and wild life. As Kreluft became slightly older (age 7) he decided to leave the ranger and run away into the woods. He wondered the forest for three days until coming upon a still blue tiny fresh water spring, Kreluft then sat by the spring to rest and get a drink. After drinking the water and feeling vary settled on a nice sitting rock with back support as an added bonus of a toppled tree. Dazing in and out of conciseness the halfing started to see an image coming towards him quickly but felt to relaxed to care. The image was fast upon him a massive white wolf, stopping inch’s in front of Kreluft’s face marvelous white fangs showing, low pitched growls and snarling promoting only dominance and challenge. Yet the halfling just sat there unchanged, almost unaware still dazing in and out of conciseness. The wolf looked the creature up and down puzzled as to why this halfling seemed intoxicated off the spring of druids when this was most obviously a halfling! Only druids can feel the god like intoxication of this spring let alone be able to find this spring. There where no illusions, charms or magical cloaks to be had here this was indeed a halfling with Druidic abilitys! The wolf then took its true form of a elven druid and sat by the halfing laughing and awaiting his return from tripp (intoxication) one receives when they first drink from the spring of druid’s. in Kreluft’s intense state he could not move his physical body but traversed through a realm of knowledge, existence and creation. Kreluft could not perceive the knowledge presented to him from this realm although it felt comforting to him like a home or family might of felt. After a bit Kerluf started to remember he was a being of living essence, a halfling in the woods at some spring? With an odd elf sitting next to him smiling dressed in armor made of what seems to be tree bark and moss. The druid then laughed and introduced himself to the halfling, im known to some as White fork the moss’ed druid! Kreluft sat unknowing how to react he had forgotten how he came upon this place, and why would this druid be talking to him? Druid’s only like druids for the most part. Kreluft also realized then he was engaged in a conversation of some odd language The druid then sat up and started shouting. “boy! Do you not no thy’n own self! Be you of the closed mind? Or are you just messing with me. I don’t take such things lightly! Well… I do actually. Kreluft felt vary puzzled and tried to regain a bit of his own masseur and stand up but found a salad being shoved into his face. The druid gave a facial gesture to take the bowl. Being a halfing he did feel quit hungry without a second thought he grabbed the wooden bowl and began to eat. As the halfling began its meal White Fork started speaking in the manner you would see come from a professor hard at teaching, ‘believe what you will for reality is only what you make of it. There is magic in you, natural beautiful magic, you have the gift of the druid. I myself have never seen or heard of such a thing in a race as of yours. Here try this once your done with your meal! The druid then places his hand on Kreluft’s exposed forearm. The halfing then feels the healing aura corssing through his body. The druid then stands back and seas’s just place your hand on your own arm and focus your positive energy through your hand, you will feel the natural magic healing you, Kreluft then trys and he dose indeed feel the same effet, Kreluft then begins his training as a druid with White Fork the moss’ed druid. Kreluft was shown some simple spells by White Fork then was abandoned in a thick forest that streach for hundreds of miles where he would have to prove himself worthy of further training by surviving for five years in these woods. Kreluft was then left in those woods to face the elements and survive. His new abilities had helped him through those hard years, but he stumbled upon something he found in himself. It seemed odd at first but he could control the body’s of creatures. Kreluft did not believe it at first but after repeated attempts he found it to be true. He could control a creature while still coherent and moving himself and still retained the ability to cast his spells while doing so. Although this was limited to only one creature at a time but the ability could last for day’s until things started going horribly wrong for the host’s. after surviving the forest for five years Kreluf sat and waited for White Fork to return. All the day and long into the night there was no sign of anyone only the forest, but just as hope had seemed lost a grate white wolf came running towards the halfling jumping in the air to clear the 10 feet between itself and Kreluft whilst transforming into its true form in mid air. White Fork had arrived as he said he would. The druid was pleased to the halfling doing so well. They talked of his survival and what he had learned while enduring the forest, Kreluft told the druid of his ability to dominate a single creatures mind without casting spells or the like’s. White fork looked at him wearily and said ‘iv herd of such gifts it is better to keep suck knowledge such as this to one’s self for there are those who hunt creatures with these special gifts. The halfling was unsettled by that remark, though kept listening to the druid. Since you have survived you truly are ready for proper training. The druid and halfling then set out across the land partaking in many adventure’s, eventually… the had to split ways for White Fork had business he would not mention elsewhere. Kreluft lived in different forest’s for years to come until curiosity got the best of him. The halfling found himself wondering into major city’s to see the splendor’s and marvels of community. Though as a druid he didn’t have much in money so he picked up on how most people with no money get it, steal it! Kreluft spent a good deal of time in and out of city’s stealing and buying things that caught his eye or was beneficial in any way to him, Kreluft even belonged to a thieves guild for a short time called shadow-bandits. But dropped out of the guild do to lack of a percentage he earned compared to working alone. The halfling became sick of the ways of the cities after about ten years and started traveling with a small group of druids hunting for accent lands and treasures. He went on doing these sorts of things for a vary long time, some even rumored the group of druids built there own civilization deep within the forest’s. there were many trouble o time to be had for all during this long period, but the halfling made do with what he had at all time’s. Kreluft one day was traversing an old forgotten tomb when he came upon a most unusual tomb, the tomb held nothing but a book inside, a book… that taught one how to become a lich. Kreluft was never interested in such a thing thinking undead to be horrid gross creature’s. Although immortality sounds nice he took the book and started studying out of pure curiosity. Kreluft spent hours studying this book become obsessed with the concept of power! He was already more then most any halfling’s ever has been and why stop there? Let halflings be known as a race to reckon with, no more laughing at my expense no more addiction to my massive hunger and twelve four course meals a day and seven dessert’s as a lich I will need no food! Although I love food so… I will obtain power like no other and rise! I will study an eternity if need be to have power that dwarfs even the mightiest of dragons! One year after Kreluft’s vow was made the fateful ritual had begun for the halfling to achive lichdom. The ritual went perfect for Kreluft, the transformation was complete and the halfling abandoned everyone and set out to learn forever the secrets of power.

Eq

<wielded>
<worn on body> hemp robes of zzet (+2 AC)
<worn on legs> birches of spell pain (+1 to all spell dmg)
<worn on feet> slipper’s of soft foot (+10 feet to move )
<worn on back> cloak of the dark moon (become nearly invisible at night – does not work under ground or inside structures unless they have no roof or windows, standing in the moon light produced naturally is the only light the cloak does work in. if not in moon light the cloak does not work.)
<worn as belt> belt of the dead (gain +1 against turning )
<worn on neck> medallion of persuasion (+1 to Cha checks )
<worn on finger>enchanted ring of willowwood (+2 to save vs. elements )

Kreluft has many more charm’s, satchel’s, potions bells and whistle fastened to multiple pieces of equipment for easy travel and easy access. he used to have many pricing’s but if he finds an earring or something that cant be worn regularly Kreluft will just inplant it into his dead bones.

profession - Kreluft knows a vary great deal about Botany and mycology spending most his time studding plant, mushrooms and there effects.

Ability’s - - modifier’s - -saving throughs -
Str-12 - 0 - BA- +6 -
Dex-16 - +2 - PD- immune -
Con-15- XXXX- +1 - PP- immune - XXX -- undead do not have a Con.--
Int-17 - +2 - W- +3 -
Wis-18 - +3 - SSD- +2 -
Cha-15 - +1 -

Class
DRUID SPELL PROGRESSION
Spell Level
Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
3 3 2 1 0 0 0 0
4 3 2 2 0 0 0 0
5 4 3 2 0 0 0 0
6 4 3 2 1 0 0 0
7 4 3 3 1 0 0 0
8 4 4 3 2 0 0 0
9 4 4 3 2 1 0 0
10 5 4 3 3 2 0 0
11 5 5 4 3 2 1 0
12 5 5 4 4 3 2 1
13 6 5 5 5 4 3 2
14 6 6 6 6 5 4 3

thac0
ac= 0/ 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9
d20=13/ 12/ 11/ 10/ 9/ 8/ 7/ 6/ 5/ 4

psionic ability – Domination – take control of a creatures body.

Duration- 1d8 (+ race/class’s over all level) days
Range-60ft (once controlled host can go anywhere (there is no range the caster has to be in to maintain control
Area of Effect- One person

This skill allows the Telepath to maintain control of a person whose will has been striped save against the domination every turn 3d6 + characters Int bonus. You must successfully roll higher then the attackers over all race/class’s level. A person under the effect of a domination is in effect a meat puppet to the will of the Telepath. They will speak only when spoken to, and then only if the controlling
Telepath allows While they might not want to do what ever is being done, they will obey. Their body is not their own. They can be ordered to harm loved ones, cheat trusted friends, and even kill themselves. The latter action will allow one final save to throw off the domination. (3d6 + characters Int bonus. You must successfully roll higher then the attackers over all race/class’s level. .) to initiate the domination. There is no defense against this if the victim's Wisdom is drained. The down side of this control is the longer that it is exercised, the more it must be exercised. The subject will gradually lose the will to have a will. The length of time this will take depends on the Intelligence of the subject. One day per Intelligence point of the subject is the limit they can be kept under domination before damage occurs. Damage will be to the Wisdom, and then the Intelligence of the victim. First the subject will lose the will to have a will. While their Wisdom is temporarily damaged the longer they are under domination the more likely Wisdom damage will become permanent. Once the limit is passed they will permanently lose 1d4 wisdom a week until they are at a permanent Wisdom of 2. This is likely to occur without notice. Once wisdom is beyond recovery the victim's Intelligence will begin to suffer For every three days the domination lasts over the death of Wisdom the subject must save vs 3d6 + characters Int bonus. You must successfully roll higher then the attackers over all race/class’s level. With each failure their Intelligence will drop by one point until it reaches 2 as well. To begin with the subject will experience normal physical urges, and these will impinge themselves on the consciousness of the Telepath. The Telepath must allow them to sleep, eat, etc. As the damage to the mind of the subject increases they will stop broadcasting these needs. If not released at this time the damage can become permanent, that is they will not respond to bodily needs even if released from the domination. If the domination continues the subject will stop requests for attention with both wisdom and Intelligence reach 2, and just sit and starve if

it.language’s - Druids speak their own secret druidic language, alignment tongue, common, centaur, dragon (green), dryad, dwarven, elven, gnome, lizardfolk, manticore, nixie, pixie, sprite, treant,drow, deep gnome, kobold, goble, troll, orc ,

Halflings
Requirements: DEX 9, CON 9
Ability Modifiers: STR -1, DEX +1
Ability Min/Max: STR 6/17 (14), DEX 8/18, CON 10/19
INT 6/18, WIS 3/17, CHA 3/18
Halflings are even smaller than dwarves, being about 60 pounds
and only attaining a height of around 3 feet. They are as diverse
in appearance as humans, but have furry feet and curly hair.
Halflings have a gentle nature, and value free time, good food,
and good drink. They will engage in playful activities when not
on an adventure. They love comfort, and will spend their riches
on the most extravagant items.
Like dwarves, halflings may not use large and two-handed
weapons, but may use any other weapon and armor as
indicated by class.
Halflings have an uncanny ability to disappear in the wilderness.
In bushes or other outdoor cover, halflings can hide with 90%
ability. They can also hide in shadows or behind other forms of cover when underground in labyrinths or caverns on a roll of 1-2 on 1d6, but they must be silent and motionless. Halflings are
dexterous folk who get a bonus of +1 to initiative rolls when
alone or in a party composed only of halflings. They have keen
coordination that grants them +1 on any missile attacks.
Because they are so small, halflings have a lower armor class (-
2) when attacked by creatures greater than human sized.
Halflings receive the following saving throw bonuses:
• +2 save versus breath attacks
• +4 save versus poison
• +4 save versus petrify or paralyze
• +3 save versus wands
• +4 save versus spells or spell-like devices
Like dwarves, halflings are hardy beings, resistant to magic and
poison, and as such they receive bonuses to defend against
these effects. Their diminutive stature grants them a bonus tofinding cover and avoiding breath attacks.

Halfling thieves receive the following bonuses and penalties to
thief abilities:
HALFLING THIEF SKILL ADJUSTMENTS
Skill Adjustment
Pick Locks +5%
Find and Remove Traps +5%
Pick Pockets +5%
Move Silently +10%
Climb Walls -15%
Hide in Shadows +10%

Druids
Requirements: WIS 12, CHA 15
Prime Requisite: WIS, CHA
Hit Dice: 1d6
Maximum Level: 14
Druids are a secretive subclass of clerics. Their ambitions and
methods are often not understood, which makes them objects of
both fascination and fear. Much like clerics, druids can be seen
as „holy warriors,‰ but their allegiance is not to a typical god.
Rather, they pay homage to nature. The sun, the moon, the
earth, the elements, and all things associated with these forces
are their gods. As a consequence, druids are not bound by
typical concepts of „good‰ or „evil,‰ for nature does not exist to
adhere to human moral concepts. Thus, all druids must be
neutrally aligned. Druids are dedicated to protecting the balance
of nature; sometimes protecting that balance requires acts
others might view as „evil‰ or „good.‰
Because of their close ties to nature, druids may not use metal
armor or shields, but may use leather or wood armor and
shields. They may use most weapons, except crossbows and
bows. Druids attack using the same table as clerics, as well as
sharing their saving throw progression. However, druids receive
a +2 bonus to saving throws against all fire or electrical based
attacks. Druids may use magical items available to clerics,
except spell scrolls since druids have access to different powers
and spells. Druids have no power over undead.

Reaching 3rd level: Upon reaching the 3rd level, druids gain the
ability to identify animals and plants. In addition, they may
discern whether water or food is pure, safe, or poisoned. Druids
gain the ability to pass through thick vegetation with neither a
penalty to movement rate nor any evidence of their passing.

Reaching 7th level: Druids gain the ability to assume animal
shapes upon reaching level 7, three times per day. Any normal
animal form may be chosen, from as small as a bat or rat to as
large as approximately twice human size, such as a bear. A
specific animal shape may be taken only one time per day, for
unlimited duration. However, while in the form of an animal the
druid has all of the physical properties of that animal, while
retaining his normal mental state. Transitioning from one form
to another allows the druid to heal 1d6x10% of any damage that
has been sustained to the previous form.
In addition to these abilities, at 7th level druids become immune
to charm or charm-like effects from sylvan beings.

Reaching 9th level: Upon reaching the 9th level, a druid will
attract 1d6 druidic apprentices, 50% of them are 1st level and
50% are 2nd level. Druids do not build permanent strongholds,
but may have temporary, hidden homes within thick vegetation
or the trunks of tree

Thieves
Requirements: None
Prime Requisite: DEX
Hit Dice: 1d4
Maximum Level: None
Thieves have a range of unique skills associated with their
profession that make them very handy companions in
adventures. However, thieves can be a bit shady and they
sometimes are not as trustworthy as other classes. A thief will
usually belong to a Thieves Guild from the characterハs local
town, where he can seek shelter and information between
adventures. At the Labyrinth Lordハs discretion, a thief may have
to forfeit a portion of his earnings to the guild in exchange for
protection. Because of their need of stealth and free movement,
thieves cannot wear armor heavier than leather, and they
cannot use shields. They have a need for using diverse
weapons, and are able to use any kind. A thief has the ability to
backstab. He must catch an opponent unaware of his presence,
using move silently and hide in shadows. The thief will receive
an attack bonus of +4 and will multiply all damage by 2.

Thief Abilities: Thieves have the following range of skills, which
improve as the thief gains levels. See the Thief Skills table. Note
that usually the Labyrinth Lord will make rolls for these abilities,
because a thief is not always aware when he has failed!

Pick Locks: A thief is skilled in picking locks, but needs lock
picks to do so. He may only try to pick a lock one time, and if
he fails, he may try again only twice. If he fails these times, he
may not try the same lock again until he reaches a higher
experience level.

Find and Remove Traps: A thief may only try one time to find
or remove a trap in an area. Note that these are separate skills,
for a thief must find a trap before he can remove it!
Pick Pockets: This skill is the bread and butter of nonadventuring
thieves, for it is a quick source of income⁄but not
without peril. A roll that equals twice or more of the skill
percentage means the intended target notices the thieving
attempt. The Labyrinth Lord will then roll 2d6 on the reaction
table to determine the intended victimハs reaction.

Move Silently: When successful, others will not hear the
movements of a thief. However, the thief always thinks he is
successful in this skill, and will not know otherwise unless others
react to his presence.

Climb Walls: Thieves are adept at scaling sheer surfaces,
including walls or steep cliffs. They require a skill roll for each
100 feet they intend to climb. If the roll fails, they fall a distance
equal to half the attempted distance, taking 1d6 points of
damage per 10 feet.
Hide in Shadows: A thief will always think he is successful in
this skill, and will not know otherwise until others react to his
presence. He must remain motionless when hiding.

Hear Noise: Thieves can attempt to listen for noises, in a cave
or hallway, and at a door or other locations but the thief must
be quiet and in a quiet environment. Unlike the other thief
abilities, this ability is rolled using 1d6.

Level 4: A thief can read languages (any) with 80% probability.
This ability does not include magical writings. If the roll does not
succeed, the thief may not try to read that particular piece of
writing until he reaches a higher level of experience.

A lich is an undead spellcaster who has used its magical powers to unnaturally extend its life. Liches are scheming, and to some, insane. They hunger forever for greater power, long-forgotten knowledge, and the most terrible of arcane secrets. Because the shadow of death does not hang over them, they often conceive plans taking years, decades, or even centuries to come to fruition. A lich is a gaunt and skeletal humanoid with withered flesh stretched tight across horribly visible bones. Its eyes have long ago been lost to decay, but bright pinpoints of crimson (or other color’s) light burn on in the empty sockets. Liches speak Common plus any other languages they knew in life. A lich must create a phylactery. An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death.
A lich retains all the base creature’s ability’s, level’s, statistics, special abilities, possessions (aside from those needed in the ritual) and knowledge. The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate base abilities, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
Lich’s are immortal
Prime requisite: INT,WIS Requirements: 18 INT, 16 WIS, The ability to cast level 7 spells.
Maximum level : 4
HD - 1-D-12
Ability’s: min/max - Str 3/18, Dex 3/18, Con 0/0, (undead lose Con) Int 15/20, Wis 15/20, Cha 6/20
Saving through’s: breath attack : 0 - poison or death : immune – paralyze or petrify : immune – wands : +2 – spells or spell like devices “ + 3 -“ retain your race’s/class’s saving throughs and keep using those tables as you level (wich will only be 4 more times as a lich ) unless your saves reach or already are max.
lich's receive - + 4 against turning undead.
Immunities : Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), mind-affecting attacks. Poisons, paralysis, stunning, disease, magical sleep spells and death effects
At first level, the lich gains a +2 bonus points to AC.
Armor Bonus: At second level, the lich gains a +1 bonus to its natural AC. This bonus increases by an additional +1 each level, to a maximum of +3 at fourth level.
Skill Bonuses: the lich receives the following thief abilities at first level. The thief skills themselves are also first level. Or equal to players thief level – Hide in shadows, hear noise and move silent. Gain 2% each level to a max of 6%.
Lich’s suffer no affect’s from fortitude unless it also works on objects or is harmless.
Lich’s are not subject to extra damage from critical hit’s, none lethal damage, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue or death from massive damage. A lich can not be raised and resurrection only works if the lich is willing.
Charnel Touch: At 2nd level, the lich gains a natural touch attack that may be made once per round. To use it, the lich makes a melee touch attack. The attack uses negative energy to deal 1d8+5 damage to the living. A save of (1/2 the lich's over all level + lich's Cha modifier. (Combine lich’s level + all level’s gained before lichdom, all class’s/race levels are added if this is not yet clear :P )) halves the damage. A lich with natural weapons may choose to use its natural weapons instead, and then may choose to deal 1d8+5 points of extra damage on one of the natural weapon attacks.
Fear Aura: By 3rd level, the lich becomes shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 1-D-8 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a save (Combine lich’s level + all level’s gained before lichdom, all class’s/race levels are added) or be affected as though by a fear spell from a sorcerer of the lich's caster level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich's aura for 24 hours
Paralyzing Touch: At fourth level, any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed a save or permanently become paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any thing that can remove a curse can free the victim.. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a D 20 check or a D 15 Healers check reveals that the victim is still alive.

Level/XP --AC bonus-- [Special ]

1st / 5,001 +0 [Undead, Immunities, +1 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability]
2nd / 10,001 +1 [Charnel Touch, +1damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
3rd / 40,001 +1=(2) [Fear Aura, Turn Resistance, +1 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
4th / 80,001 +1=(3) [Paralyzing Touch, +2 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
Includes all ability’s including str,dex,int,wis,cha -- undead have no Con --

this ritual can go wrong :D
To become a lich you need the Herbs of Unlife, the Distilled Water of the Undead, the Torch of Burning Souls, your phylactery, the Heart of Darkness, and a place to do it cursed by bloodshed.
· The Herbs of Unlife are grown in the coffin/body of a royal/important person slain by your hand. They grow in 4d10 days and may be plucked and preserved. When growing they must not touch light.
· The Distilled Water of Unlife is water gained from a source in which a corpse has been rotting in it for 7 days. This is the corpse of a young innocent half your age or less, and at the end of the 7 days it must be animated under Desecration or *Unhallow. The fate of the undead after that is irrelevant, just gather the water and mix with the Herbs and blood over the burning souls.
· The Torch of Souls is powered by burning and eventually, cracking a soul gem with the soul of a Good individual inside. With the flames now burning blue, you use this to heat the mixture of water, herbs and blood of the innocents to make the Elixir Don't forget the heart. The death of the corpse must be from having the heart removed while living. The potion brews in 6 hours.
· The Heart of Darkness must come from a drowned body. No light from the sun must shine when removed and or removing, The heart must be stored fresh inside a magic container until the time of the ritual. A magic box of repose death will work. The Heart is added to the potion at the ceremony.
It must be done on cursed land. With *Unhallow cast upon it, it must have been the site of some massacre, and even better if it was your doing. With a cupful of fresh human blood from any victim of good alignment, add to the potion and drink. If the murders were of your doing the good alignment is not required, anyone will do. At the next full moon, imbibe the potion. The drinker's life-force drains into the enchanted phylactery. The transformation begins.

Unhallow
[Evil]
Level: Clr 5, Drd 5

Range: Touch
Area: 40-ft. radius emanating from the touched point

Unhallow makes a particular site, building, or structure an unholy site. This has three major effects. First, the site or structure is guarded by a magic circle against good effect. Second, all turning checks made to turn undead take a –4 penalty, and turning checks to rebuke undead gain a +4 profane bonus. Spell resistance does not apply to this effect. (This provision does not apply to the druid version of the spell.) Finally, you may choose to fix a single spell effect to the unhallowed site. The spell effect lasts for one year and functions throughout the entire site, regardless of its normal duration and area or effect. You may designate whether the effect applies to all creatures, creatures that share your faith or alignment, or creatures that adhere to another faith or alignment. At the end of the year, the chosen effect lapses, but it can be renewed or replaced simply by casting unhallow again. Spell effects that may be tied to an unhallowed site include aid, bane, bless, cause fear, darkness, daylight, death ward, deeper darkness, detect evil, detect magic, dimensional anchor, discern lies, dispel magic, endure elements, freedom of movement, invisibility purge, protection from energy, remove fear, resist energy, silence, tongues, and zone of truth. Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. (See the individual spell descriptions for details.) Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. (See the individual spell descriptions for details.) An area can receive only one unhallow spell (and its associated spell effect) at a time. Unhallow counters but does not dispel hallow. Material Component: Herbs, oils, and incense worth at least 1,000 gp, plus 1,000 gp per level of the spell to be tied to the unhallowed area.

*Energy Drain, Negative Levels, and Experience Loss
Energy Drain (passive)
This attack saps a living opponent’s vital energy and happens automatically when a melee or ranged attack hits and a fortitude check is failed. Each successful energy drain bestows Experience Loss (10 XP + caster’s level). If an attack that includes an energy drain scores a critical hit, it drains twice the given amount. Unless otherwise specified… a draining creature’s life force is absorbed by the Lich 5 hit points (10 on a critical hit) for each successesful energy drain it bestows on an opponent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. there are several different types of lich. there are only one or two that are done for good. one is done by elves normally by the oldest member of a family of high elves, the reason they choose lichdom is to protect and guide the family line for all time, this is done for the good of others and not for the immortality of the one so it is considered good and the elf does not change alignment. there is another that is done normally by someone who hates the thought of immortality but wants revenge, etc. they become a lich for a duration of one year. the process gives them a lot of power, etc. but they have only one year to live after completing the process to complete their final act, revenge, glory, etc. once they finish whatever they wanted to do they lie down and die, if after a year they haven't successfully completed the mission they die.
Last edited by drizzit on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
drizzit

Postby drizzit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 am

If an admin would be so nice as to move this to the correct forum id vary much appriciate it :) I am still a newb here an messed up :( and I'm sorry for that. Open workshop.

A lich is an undead spellcaster who has used its magical powers to unnaturally extend its life. Liches are scheming, and to some, insane. They hunger forever for greater power, long-forgotten knowledge, and the most terrible of arcane/devine secrets. Because the shadow of death does not hang over them, they often conceive plans taking years, decades, or even centuries to come to fruition. A lich is a gaunt and skeletal humanoid with withered flesh stretched tight across horribly visible bones. Its eyes have long ago been lost to decay, but bright pinpoints of crimson (or other color’s) light burn on in the empty sockets. Liches speak Common plus any other languages they knew in life. A lich must create a phylactery. An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death.

Lich’s are immortal

Prime requisite: INT,WIS

Requirements: 18 INT, 16 WIS and the ability to cast level 7 spells.

Maximum level : 4

HD - 1-D-12

Saving through’s: breath attack : +0 - poison or death : immune – paralyze or petrify : immune – wands : +2 – spells or spell like devices + 3 - retain your race’s/class’s saving throughs and keep using those tables as you level (wich will only be 4 more times as a lich ) unless your saves reach or already are max.

lich's receive - + 4 resistance to turning undead.

At first level, the lich gains a +1 natural bonus points to AC. This bonus increases by an additional +1 each level, to a maximum of +4 to natural AC at fourth level.
Skill Bonuses: the lich receives the following thief abilities at first level. The thief skills themselves are also first level. Or equal to players thief level – Hide in shadows, hear noise and move silent. Gain 2% each level to a max of 8%.

Lich’s suffer no affect’s from fortitude unless it also works on objects or is harmless.

Fear Aura: By 3rd level, the lich becomes shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 1-D-8 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a save (Combine lich’s level + all level’s gained before lichdom, all class’s/race levels are added halve it, then succeed that roll on a d20 (assuming there not a crazy lvl 30+ god like lich then just make somthing up >.> %-tiles are the way i go) round down all variables ) or be affected as though by a fear spell from a magic ~ user of the lich's caster level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich's aura for 24 hours

Paralyzing Touch: At fourth level, any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed a save or permanently become paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any thing that can remove a curse can free the victim.. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a D 20 check or a D 15 Healers check reveals that the victim is still alive.

Level/XP --AC bonus-- [Special ]

1st / 5,001 +0 [Undead, Immunities, +1 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability]
2nd / 10,001 +1 [Charnel Touch, +1damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
3rd / 40,001 +1=(2) [Fear Aura, Turn Resistance, +1 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
4th / 80,001 +1=(3) [Paralyzing Touch, +2 damage/enhancement to one single specific spell or ability.]
All ability’s including str,dex,int,wis,cha -- undead have no Con --

this ritual can go wrong To become a lich you need the Herbs of Unlife, the Distilled Water of the Undead, the Torch of Burning Souls, your phylactery, the Heart of Darkness, and a place to do it cursed by bloodshed. · The Herbs of Unlife are grown in the coffin/body of a royal/important person slain by your hand. They grow in 4d10 days and may be plucked and preserved. When growing they must not touch light. · The Distilled Water of Unlife is water gained from a source in which a corpse has been rotting in it for 7 days. This is the corpse of a young innocent half your age or less, and at the end of the 7 days it must be animated under Desecration or *Unhallow. The fate of the undead after that is irrelevant, just gather the water and mix with the Herbs and blood over the burning souls. · The Torch of Souls is powered by burning and eventually, cracking a soul shard with the soul of a Good individual inside. With the flames now burning blue, you use this to heat the mixture of water, herbs and blood of the innocents to make the Elixir Don't forget the heart. The death of the corpse must be from having the heart removed while living. The potion brews in 6 hours. · The Heart of Darkness must come from a drowned body. No light from the sun must shine when removed and or removing, The heart must be stored fresh inside a magic container until the time of the ritual. A magic box of Gentle Repose will work. The Heart is added to the potion at the ceremony. It must be done on cursed land. With *Unhallow cast upon it, it must have been the site of some massacre, and even better if it was your doing. With a cupful of fresh human blood from any victim of good alignment, add to the potion and drink. If the murders were of your doing the good alignment is not required, anyone will do. At the next full moon, imbibe the potion. The drinker's life-force drains into the enchanted phylactery. The transformation begins. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Unhallow [Evil]

Level: Clr 5, Drd 5 or Deathomancer, 5
Range: Touch Area: 40-ft. radius emanating from the touched point

Unhallow makes a particular site, building, or structure an unholy site. This has three major effects. First, the site or structure is guarded by a magic circle against good effects. Second, all turning checks made to turn undead take a –4 penalty, and turning checks to rebuke undead also take a -4 penalty. Spell resistance does not apply to this effect. There is a seperat way to cast Unhollow only known to certain druids, Finally, you may choose to fix a single spell effect to the unhallowed site. The spell effect lasts for one year and functions throughout the entire site, regardless of its normal duration and area or effect. You may designate whether the effect applies to all creatures, creatures that share your faith or alignment, or creatures that adhere to another faith or alignment. At the end of the year, the chosen effect lapses, but it can be renewed or replaced simply by casting unhallow again. Spell effects that may be tied to an unhallowed site include aid, bless, fear, darkness, daylight, death ward, detect evil, detect magic, dimensional anchor, discern lies, dispel magic, endure elements, invisibility, remove fear, silence, tongues, and zone of truth. Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. Saving throws and spell resistance might apply to these spells’ effects. An area can receive only one unhallow spell (and its associated spell effect) at a time. Unhallow counters but does not dispel hallow. Material Component: Herbs, oils, and incense worth at least 1,000 gp and a soul shard containing a goodly soul.

Details- you must arrange all incense within a 20ft area to resemble symbols of fear, deceat and hate. You will need the incenses dragons blood for hate, nog-champa for fear and sandle-wood for deceat. Then arrange your herbs in the middle of your signs mixed and placed on a silver plate with a small flame of some sort underneath to heat the the plate as to slowly burn the herbs filling your area thick with smoke. You will need to mix yarrow, spiderwort, Amanita muscaria, worms wort and skunks tail weed. You will need the oil of a black dragon egg. As the incense and herbs burn cast the spell as you pour the oil into the herbs, the herbs should then burn a dark purple light at this point take your soul shard and heat it over this flame until it cracks open. Once the spirit is free of the shard and consumed by the flame the spell has been completed the incense and flame will burn on for one year unchanged if you so choose.
drizzit

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society