Spell Flavor

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

Spell Flavor

Postby Niccodaemus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:37 pm

I did some tweaking on spell descriptions for my Shatterworld campaign.

I know I've made continual light and continual darkness quite powerful, but it fits with:

1) my contempt for the spell in general
2) the theme that magic is dangerous, an not something you can "set it, and forget it"

Labyrinth Lord Spells in Shatterworld
Niccodaemus

Re: Spell Flavor

Postby Blood axe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 am

Alot of your spells use "spirits" - can they be turned or affected by Clerics or Clerical spells?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Spell Flavor

Postby Niccodaemus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Turning undead in Shatterworld by default is the domain of Phanes, god of all life (fauna). He does not concern himself with things that are not of his creation. So, a spirit inhabiting a corpse (zombie, skeleton, etc...) can be turned, but disembodied spirits, other than of those who were once among the living (ghosts, wraiths) are not his concern.

A circle of protection of the appropriate type however, is likely to keep spirits at bay. Protections are attuned to the domains of the spirits themselves. A circle of protection from the fire would create a shield against summoned fire. Each type of spell would have its own protection spell. Knowing a spell does not mean you know the protection spell against it.
Niccodaemus

Return to Open Workshop