Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby Fearghus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Einar, human Thief

While pulling out his rope, Einar voices his agreeance with Anadrea and Dieter, "We must make haste, but you lordling we must keep safe. This errand will be in vain if harm comes to you."

Einar holds up the rope for the boy to see, "I want to tie one end around your waist, and the other will be held by me. I don't think my abilities will be useful at this point since we are just back-tracking, so there is no need for me to be at the fore." Einar then dons his hood and removes it in front of the boy. "I want you to wear this, even with the rope about your waist you should still be an unlikely target for any cultists. If we get into trouble, just stay close. Don't run off on your own."

Einar pauses a moment and looks in the boys eyes, smiling gently, "Do as I say and this will end with you in the company of your father."

If Aiden allows it, Einar will tie one end around the boys waist. Once that is done, Einar will remove the elven cloak and shroud Aiden with it.
Fearghus

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Dieter

Quietly, to Einar and Andrea: I have an elixer that would make the boy the size of a pixie for a bit, probably long enough, if he is unable to move himself or becomes a burden.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 am

As the party tried to get Aiden situated, a secret door bursts open on the west wall. Apparently the elf missed it in her search.

Through it come four lizardfolk warriors carrying two spears each, looking for blood. They come through quickly and stealthily but (roll for surprise, 1d6, 5, FAIL) you are able to react quickly enough for them.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 am

Dieter

Dieter manifests a magic arrow and sends it toward the closest lizard creature. They are quite homely!

OCC: Magic missile chalked off sheet.
Spanningtree

Postby Scalydemon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Anadrea

"Son of Aragorn!" Will try and get off 2 bowshots this round before they close to melee

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Initiative (Party/Baddies, d6/d6, 2/4, Baddies have initiative)

The lizardfolk warriors attack.

The first attacks the paladin, Kalvain. (attack d20, 15, MISS) The spear glances off his shield.

The second attacks Furuk, the half-orc. (d20, 7, MISS) The lizardfolk hits air.

The third attacks Dandy. (d20, 2, MISS) Dandy laughs as the spear gabs two feet over his head.

The fourth attacks Cygnus. (d20, 17, HIT) The druid yelps as he is impaled on the spear. He buckles in pain as he is lanced good (dmg d6+1, 6+1=7)

The party returns fire.

Dieter's Magic Missile strikes the second lizardman (dmg d6+1, 6+1=7) which kills it instantly with a good blow.

Anadrea gets off two shots at the first lizardman. The first shot (d20+1, 15+1=16, HIT) embeds an arrow in the scaly flesh (dmg, d8, 3). The second shot (d20+1, 11+1=12, HIT) causes much pain too, the arrow striking hard (dmg, d8, 5). The second lizardman hangs onto life, eyes red with anger.

Kalvain swings at him, (d20+4, 3+4=7, MISS) but the bastard sword whistles free in the air.

Furuk's foe lies dead due to Dieter's magic, so he attacks the third lizardman. His sword (d20, 16+3=19, HIT) connects (dmg d8, 3+2=5) causing the beast to howl in agony.

Dandy's hammer (d20, 8+3=11, MISS) misses his foe.

Cygnus attacks back at his foe (d20, 9+1=10, MISS) but his magical staff misses.

Einar attacks the fourth lizardman, firing an arrow at him (d20, 5+2=7, MISS) but the arrow flies wide.

There are three lizardfolk left standing, the first (injured) engaging Kalvain, the second (injured) still coming for Dandy, the third (uninjured) taking aim at the druid again.

Actions?

Hit Points
Paladin Kalvain 25/36
Cleric Dandy 18/23
Sylvan Anadrea 15/22
Vismund Druid 10/27
Fighter Furuk 22/36
M-U Deiter 13/18
Thief Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Dieter

Dieter will pull and throw a dart at the nearest lizardman. He will be careful to try and not subject his comrades to friendly fire.
Spanningtree

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:31 am

Anadrea

Drops her bow and engages into melee with her long sword, "Figures these cult swine would be in consorts with scaly devils such as these."

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Fearghus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Einar, human Thief

"Aiden, stay behind me!", Einar commands as he surveys the combat. If he is able to let fly an arrow without threatening an ally then he will do so, else he will draw steel and wade into melee.
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Lizardmen battle round 2

Initative (party, lizardmen; d6, d6; 5, 4; Party wins initiative)

Dieter and Einar both launch missiles into the fray. Dieter's dart (d20, 5, MISS) flies wide and clatters on the floor in the corner. Einar's arrow (d20, 20, Critical hit, max damage) finds its mark on the third lizardman, dealing impressive damage.

Anadrea swings her sword, entering the melee, and swings at the second lizardman (d20, 12+1=13, HIT) which slices open its back (DMG, d8+1, 3+1=4), killing it.

Kalvain swings his mighty sword at his foe, (d20, 7+4=11, MISS) but it misses. Dandy swings his hammer (d20+3, 3+3, MISS) but again misses his foe. Furuk swings (d20+4, 7+4=11, MISS) but misses as well. The druid Cygnus uses his Staff of the Serpent on the attacking lizardman (d20, 1, Critical miss). The staff turns into a snake and enwraps the druid, holding him fast.

The first lizardman attacks back at Kalvain (d20, 18, HIT) the spear getting in through the armour (dmg, d6+1, 4+1=5) wounding the Warrior of Law.

The second lizardman stabs at the druid with his spear (d20, 20, Critical HIT) and the man of the mountain screams (max damage, 6+1=7). The blood pools beneath him as he clings to life.

There are two lizardmen left alive in the melee, both wounded, the first attacking Kalvain and the second Cygnus, who is ensnared in his own magic staff and gravely injured.

Actions?

Hit Points
Paladin Kalvain 20/36
Cleric Dandy 18/23
Sylvan Anadrea 15/22
Vismund Druid 3/27
Fighter Furuk 22/36
M-U Deiter 13/18
Thief Einar 11/11

Lots of interesting rolls (three crits in one round? wow). FYI, unless I am explicitly told otherwise, I assume that PCs are attacking enemies who are engaged with them or whomever they attacked last. Otherwise I roll to determine who each PC attacks (in this case a d3 because there were three baddies left). Just so you know how I'm handling things here.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain