Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

Looks to the guard patrol, "Yer church lady here be full o' lies! WE have business with Master Gint - she don! So it was us who were here mindin er'own business when she come a snoopin an'a hollerin!"

Dandy steps towards the woman but doesn't get in her face. He wears a compassionate look on his face; he speaks softly but firmly, "A person who cannot control their temper is like a city with no walls. It's you who be fer needin churchin, not me! An ye ain done nuttin to earn mah respect now have ye?! I pity you, Mam."

With that, the dwarf spins on his heel and hops up into the cart, stands tall (for a dorf), crosses his arms and looks at the guard patrol.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Master Gint Grüber smiles.

"Good. Now that's settled.

As for your poor dead friends, I've little power over the church. Father Dobrun is a fair man and I'm sure he will ask only for a right donation in return for his ritual. I've only seen it performed once, that is the raising of the dead--healings are fairly normal, with a poor farm boy who had been gored by a boar. The poor child was pale as a ghost with lips ice blue and eyes glassy and open. I didn't think it possible but the power of the congregation, as Father calls it, allowed the boy to again breathe. It took months for the youth to fully recover: apparently he saw things in death that took time to get over.

Why he does not raise all who die I do not know. All I know is that he has the power and the judgement to raise those he sees fit. I'm sure it will apply to your fellows if you can convince him of your mission and its rightness.

Anyway, I wish you luck, both with the good Father and your quest. You've proven you can engage this cult successfully: now prove that you can take out its dark heart.

You've woken me from a good slumber and I have a full day ahead, so I must ask you now to leave.
"

He rings a bell on his desk and a manservant appears to guide you out.

As the seneschal is leaving he stops, turns and goes back to his desk to retrieve something. An envelope with a seal on it. He retrieves it and says, "Which one of you is Kalvain?" When the paladin notes his presence the letter is handed over. "A representative from your order asked me to hand this to you once he figured out where you'd gone. It seemed urgent." With that he turns and strides from the room.

Kalvain unseals the letter and opens it. He reads quickly and his face turns ashen. "By LAW, I must leave immediately: my order needs me. Please friends, carry out your quest and I will join you later if I can. My only request is that my share of the profits be given to the Shrine of Saint Garth here in town." He pushes past the manservant in his eagerness to leave.

meanwhile...

The guards are closer now. The head of the patrol says to Dandy, "Look, shorty, I don't care who started it. We just have to keep the peace here. Now break it up!"

The old woman yells at the dwarf, "Don't you turn your back on me, you nasty little man. May the dragon take you!" She swings her bag (d20, 20, CRITICAL HIT) hitting the cleric in the back but doing no damage (at least physically, could there be psychological damage?). She turns on her heel and storms off, pushing her way past the guards.

The patrol leader says, "All right then," and they begin to turn when he stops, looks back at you and says, "I say, what was that about dead bodies in your cart?"

OOC@Spanningtree: Thanks!
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Grimes - Fighter, BS Man

OOC: Uh oh. This could get interesting. Grimes wasn't with the group when this unfortunate died, so he doesn't know the specifics. He'll defer to Dandy to start the conversation, and he'll back him up as needed, nodding and trying to look sorrowful and serious.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:15 am

greyarea wrote:May the dragon take you!"

Dandy yells at her back as the ol'hag storms away... "Ye ARE the dragon! An'a'nex time we'll be fer lettin the cultists just come inta town an take ye!"

Now Dandy - having not made it to the cart - takes this opportunity to get up in the cart, then addresses the guard...

"Shorty!? Well ain'thaht clever. We were fer rescuin that boy up stairs when our companion was slain by the cultists, so 'er he is fer proper respect o'the dead that is. We were'n gonna leave 'em there in that skull of a mountain."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Dieter - Mage

I understand Kalvain, we should be off ourselves. Thank you for your time Herr Gruber, we will be in contact soon. He will nod to Anadrea and Einar and make his way out of the abode.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Scalydemon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 am

Anadrea

Takes leave with the others. "Well is it finally time now for some wine and hot food? I'm starved, and I wouldn't mind cleaning up a bit."

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Kalvain bursts from the building with single-determination in his eyes. Before anyone can say anything to him, he is off to the stables to retain a horse for his travels.

The rest of the party emerge a short time later, being lead by the manservant who holds open the door for them. They come upon a scene of their Dwarven cleric atop the cart yelling at a group of guards who are not hostile. Yet.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Dieter - Mage

This is no time for antics! he will say to the scene in front of him. Lets get the fallen to the church and see what they can do. He will take the beast of burden by a rope and start to lead it off toward the church.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Adapt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Wulfric - druid

Wulfric looks at Grimes with a "what have we gotten ourselves into?" look. Not knowing any of the details himself, he listens attentively to whatever Dandy has for an explanation and will be ready to back him up if things get sticky.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 pm

The head guard of the patrol says to Dandy, trying to be calm, "Hey there, shrimp: you're making no sense. Cultists? Master Gint? Look, do you have dead bodies in there or not?"

He notices the others coming out of the building. "Hey, are you guys with this cart? Can one of you tell me what is going on here? This dwarf is about to spend some time in the tower if he doesn't calm down. We need some answers."

The other guards raise crossbows as the odds have quickly gone against them, but their head guard raises his hand to calm them.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain