Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 am

Dieter - Mage

Uggg... thanks. I'm okay, beat up pretty good but okay. Damn insects. Dieter will try to retrieve the dart he tossed.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 am

Dandy

Dandy touches Deeters with his magical staff (which I think I've only used on Grimy today)... "Belenus heel ye."

Then he turns to Gimes...

"Grimy... in this dark place, may the light o'Belenus heel ye!" and with that, Dandy casts a Cure Light Wounds on Grimes.

ooc:
greyarea wrote:Dandy looks for someone to kill but his enemies have all died. :| Better luck next time, Dandy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes thanks Dandy for the timely healing "Thanks, Dandy. Feelin' better already. Now let's go cut the legs off some more bad guys..." he says chuckling....
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Healings

Dandy Dwarf cleric touches Dieter with his Staff of Healing (d6+1, 6+1=7) and casts Cure Light Wounds on Grimes (d6+1, 2+1=3).

Dieter retrieves both darts.

Actions?

OOC: I will be leaving this Friday on vacation and will not return until July 3rd. Just FYI.

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 25/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 13/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - FIghter

Grimes thanks Dandy for the timely healing "Thanks, Dandy. Feelin' better already. Now let's go cut the legs off some more bad guys..." he says chuckling....

"I'm ready when you are. Let's continue on."
Craigers07

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:00 am

Dieter - Mage

Ahhh... thank you Dandy. Almost better'n food. He'll say with a wink. I'm ready to be off too.
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 am

greyarea wrote:Healings

Dandy Dwarf cleric touches Dieter with his Staff of Healing (d6+1, 6+1=7) and casts Cure Light Wounds on Grimes (d6+1, 2+1=3).

Dieter retrieves both darts.

Actions?

OOC: I will be leaving this Friday on vacation and will not return until July 3rd. Just FYI.

Grimes 25/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 13/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11

ooc: Maybe I missed something, but I thought Dieter took 4dmg from the insect, which would put him at 14, and if he took -1dmg from something else (like he slipped on a rock and bonked his head), that would put him at 13? If Dandy's staff healed him for 7, wouldn't that put him at his maximum 18? I guess I missed where he was down so low that he was at 6hps??? And the "+7" from Dandy's staff brought him up to 13? :?: :?:

Grimes' HPs I get... that guy is a "wild card" and is never at maximum! :lol: :P :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 am

If you would look back a page you'd see he lost far more than 5 points of damage.

greyarea wrote:Dieter begins his slow crossing, trying to move silently (DEX check, d20, 2, SUCCESS). The locusts start whining again, very loudly. They get agitated and start flying about. (d4,3) Three of them careen in Dieter's path (d20x3, 16, 10, 8) one of them slamming into his face, hard (dmg d4, 1).

Dieter high-tails it. The locusts are even more agitated now and (2d4, 7) seven more of the huge bugs fly into Dieter's path, (d20x7, 19, 11, 6, 15, 12, 1, 19, FIVE hit) five of them slamming into the magic user (dmg 5d4, 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 11). Dieter is knocked to the side of the berm (DEX check, d20, 8) but manages to catch his balance before falling in.

Dieter 6/18

6+7=13
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Marching on

The air gets warmer as the tunnel descends rapidly from the locust cave. A sooty red glow becomes visible before the tunnel opens onto a narrow ledge overlooking a wide, bubbling pool of lava. The lava glows brightly enough to see by; that, plus the heat, ruin any infravision. The walls curve upward and then disappear into a huge opening that takes up most of the ceiling. A large rectangular slab of stone lies with one end on the ledge, the other on the top of a pillar of rock that sticks out of the lava about 15' away. Another slab extends from that one at a slight angle to another rock, and so forth. The slabs zig-zag across the chamber over the magma to a tunnel on the opposite side, about 100' away.

This is the bottom of the volcano shaft. The bridge averages 20' above the lava. It appears to be safe; each of the slabs is 5' wide and seem very heavy.

The party is at the A and the lizardfolk are at 2. The thing the one lizardfolk warrior is reaching for is at the *

The air in the cavern is very hot, and Dandy, Grimes and Furuk immediately notice that their armor is becoming uncomfortably warm.

(secret roll) You see four lizardmen on the far side of the bridge. Two have crossbows and the other two are warriors. They spot you on the far side of the chamber! One of the warriors reaches for something on the wall while the lizard-crossbowmen ready their weapons.

Actions?

Grimes 25/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 13/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Dieter - Mage

Woop, got company. Dieter will cast continual light targeting the reptile reaching for something on the wall (it's eyes).

OCC: spell deducted.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain