3. Save a Horse...

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 3. Save a Horse...

Postby greyarea » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Tret, rogue

Tret wakes up. The headache from the sleep spell making him more surly than usual (is he part dwarf?).

What happened? he asks of Renardius as he grabs his sword and gets up. Did we win? Did Soldath sleep me again?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:48 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan gestures broadly toward the men who attacked us: "Does anyone need one of these things alive? They ambushed us, so I mean to relieve them of their evil lives." If no one objects, he'll kill the remaining bad guys.

Once all the threats have been neutralized, and the Elf is securely gagged and bound, he'll pay his respects to Jarek. "you may have been a rogue, but you fought bravely."

If no one else does it first, he'll be sure to strip the elf of all equipment, armor, weapons, etc. Then before we start to wind it down for the night, he'll suggest to Taras that they inventory the horses to see what is left of the original Sukiskyn horses. (while he's inventorying the horses, if there are any extra non-Sukiskyn horses, Athelstan will appropriate a suitable mount and if tack and/or saddlebags are available, those as well.)
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:34 am

BIZ:MU

Eyeing what Athelstan is doing/proposing... she encourages him... "We should relieve them... HER... of all of her horses."

She spins her mount so her voice will travel to all of her companions...

"Commandeer all of the horses! Corral them so that we may return the white, complete our job, and turn a profit on the others."

ooc: as soon as possible, Bizenghast will start her meditation to regain lost spells. Let me know if this is possible, and i will select her allotted spells for the study period.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kipper » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Renardius (Cleric)
greyarea wrote:What happened? [Tret] asks of Renardius as he grabs his sword and gets up. Did we win? Did Soldath sleep me again?

"Indeed we have won. I do not know what caused your slumber, but it seems to have effected both you and your attacker. Perhaps it would be better not to inquire too closely."
kipper

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Soldath - Mage

Jarek did not make it through the melee. He will say with a sigh. He will make his way to the elf and search her.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am

Taras counts 24 white horses, along with 8 riding horses and 2 war horses.

Transportation is served... :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan checks on Tret, "Are you okay? The Elf (nodding toward the bound elf) cast something upon you. I'm glad you made it - but I'm sorry for your colleague. He fought heroically."

Athelstan eyes the war horses and smiles, looking sideways at Renardius... "Ah yes. A much more.. suitable mount." and he goes about selecting one of them. He'll take any available tack and saddlebags from what may be available around the camp. (true to his style, Athelstan assumes no one will say anything about his procurement of a war horse. If someone objects, he'll discuss it with them, or offer to pay out of whatever shares we get... assuming we survive.)

OOC: So what's the plan? Sleep here, or press back now? Athelstan's opinion is that a good nights sleep and some healing could only serve us better, as we've been through a lot the past couple days. But if the party wishes to return by dark, that's fine too. The accomodations here seem cozy enough.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Tret, rogue

What did you say about Jarek? Asks Tret. His reaction is first shock, then a dark cloud covers him.

He walks over calmly and plunges his sword into the neck of the bound elf.

Who else is still alive?
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Fyodorll flinches as the blade enters her throat. You hear a brief gurgling noise followed by silence.

Taras raises his bushy red eyebrows in disbelief.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan shrugs his shoulders, muttering "the wages of banditry are sometimes their own reward. So much the better...". He continues his selection of a warhorse, whistling a military cadence as he does so.

Also, he'll show Tret the remaining bandits locations....
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror