Revolution on NBC

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Revolution on NBC

Postby kjc » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 am

Wow! Just finished watching this...good stuff! Somehow the world loses electricity and the awesome begins. A type of post-apoc with no gonzo. Now I'm fired up for some MF :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Re: Revolution on NBC

Postby Blood axe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 am

I bet that girl gets with that young guy with the bow. Nevermind that he tried to get them killed.....predictable. :(
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby shart2069 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 am

I haven't watched major network TV in years (except the TV movie of the remake of "Knight Rider" a couple -three years back), but I betcha it was a "solar storm" (coronal mass ejection aimed at the Earth) that was used as the excuse for the electrical grid being disabled. At least that is what scientists keep warning about could happen someday.

I remember a TV movie some years back about warnings of the same thing, and nobody believed the warnings except one guy who was in charge of the electrical grid in Brooklyn. He shut down Brooklyn (defying his superiors and politicians) ahead of the incoming solar storm and the electrical grid there was not destroyed like the rest of the world. He just planned to turn it back on and spend next many years running factories making transformers to bootstrap the rebuilding of the rest of the world's grid...

There was also "Escape From LA" (the sequel to "Escape From New York"), which without spoiling the details for those who have not seen it, gave rise to a related situation.
BLOG: https://almostoldschool.wordpress.com/

http://www.meetup.com/Hudson-Valley-Labyrinth-Looters/

"There are three objectives in D&D: collecting treasure, gaining experience points and, most importantly, staying alive." - What is Dungeons & Dragons? p.86
shart2069

Postby sniderman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 am

I watched it as I've been looking forward to it all summer. I won't be watching episode two. I won't start picking apart each and every plot hole and contrivance (no sense ruining it for those who liked it), but I bailed around minute 45. Wasn't even worth staying for the last 15 minutes. Loved the look of the ruined world, but that's about it.

:(
sniderman

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 am

sniderman wrote:I watched it as I've been looking forward to it all summer. I won't be watching episode two. I won't start picking apart each and every plot hole and contrivance (no sense ruining it for those who liked it), but I bailed around minute 45. Wasn't even worth staying for the last 15 minutes. Loved the look of the ruined world, but that's about it.

:(

There are...issues.

I will stick with it for a couple more...but something has to change.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 am

The last 15 min were the best part!!! :D We had the big fight in the hotel, saw what a bada$$ the Uncle was, learned the ID of the main bad guy, and learned what the woman had hidden in the attic. Oh well different strokes and all that...YMMV :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Return to Mutant Future