2. The Asanda River

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Asanda River

Postby greyarea » Sun May 01, 2016 2:01 am

Zelaz's disembodied voice says, Tasrem, cast your spell to sow confusion. Target the orcs and bugbears, as they are our natural foes. I will watch from above and hold my spell to keep my invisibility. I will monitor and let you know how it goes. If prodding is needed, perhaps we can assist with that.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon May 02, 2016 1:58 am

Tasrem bites his fingernails. "Hrm...about that. I know a confusion spell, but I'm afraid I didn't memorize it today. Or, maybe I already cast it. On myself."

OC: Oops. Somebody else want to shoot a fireball into one of the camps? Sneak on past?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon May 02, 2016 2:36 am

How large is the raft? Zelaz's spell is 10' (so 30' outdoors, right?). If he can extend the spell for the entire craft, we can try to slip past.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon May 02, 2016 10:28 am

The raft is about 30' x 30', or close enough. Poor mounts!

If you decide to attempt to sneak past the encampment, at what time of day will you do it? It's early afternoon at the moment.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon May 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Zelaz says, It seems as good a time as any. At night, the baddies are more likely to be wary of sounds from the river -- if we can invisibly cruise past now, I think we're less likely to be detected.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide smiles at the thought of a bunch of sizzling bad guys while he cruises by on the raft. He nods approval as he draws his bow and tries to get a defensible position on the raft just in case it all goes bad.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Mon May 02, 2016 10:28 pm

tumblingdice wrote:The raft is about 30' x 30', or close enough. Poor mounts!

OOC: Roikos isn't willing to (freely/willingly) allow anything to happen to Penhaligon!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 03, 2016 2:04 am

connivingsumo wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:The raft is about 30' x 30', or close enough. Poor mounts!

OOC: Roikos isn't willing to (freely/willingly) allow anything to happen to Penhaligon!

I was referring to how crowded they must be, that's all.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 am

As Zelaz centers himself on the raft to enclose it in his invisibility sphere, he starts trying to recall that horse stew recipe his grandmother used to make...
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 03, 2016 12:59 pm

greyarea wrote:As Zelaz centers himself on the raft to enclose it in his invisibility sphere, he starts trying to recall that horse stew recipe his grandmother used to make...

... before she got arrested.
That's in reference to some radio commercial but I don't remember what.

More to come later today. We just re-opened our West Manchester Branch Library yesterday. I was there all day, and into the evening because the new copier for the public was delivered late. They didn't give us a bypass key, either. Grrr. I'm beat, and catching up at the main library today. Be glad you can't see my desk.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with defeating the master. :)
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads