Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Dieter - Mage

With a slight bow Dieter will say: Good day sir, we were hired to cleanse Skull Mountain of it's current rash and had a spell of bad luck with two of our companions. Their earthly vessels currently contain no life. We hoped that their might be a potential for divine power to correct this issue. Is this something that you may be able to help us with?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

Grimes - Fighter
Grimes will quietly stand aside while the party conducts it's business, tossing a gold in the collection plate if there is one.
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:29 am

Furuk offers a few coins for the collection and pretends to act interested.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Father Dobrun looks at you skeptically.

"Cleanse Skull Mountain of it's current rash? I know nothing of this. Our patron, Saint Garth, destroyed the cult of the Obsidian Heart there many years ago with a mighty earthquake," The old cleric blesses himself, "and there hasn't been any resurgence of the cult since. I'm sure whatever "rash" you speak of is merely some kids or troublemakers. Perhaps bandits?" He taps his forefinger on his lower lip for a bit while apparently deep in thought. "Hmmmmm. You know there was a paladin of Law who visited me not too long ago mentioning something about undesirables in the mountain. Sir Calvin or some such. He seemed suspicious of me when I told him I knew nothing of such matters." He looks you over. "Yes, he doesn't appear to be part of your group. Maybe if you find him, he can give you more information."

He notices the coins hitting the collection plates and smiles. "Bless you," he mutters.

His attention turning back to Dieter. "So, anyway, whatever business of Skull Mountain that you speak of is beyond my knowledge. But, about your friends you you tell me have gone beyond. That I may be able to help with. I haven't the power granted me by the Good Earth to heal nor raise dead, but I can lead this congregation," he says with a sweep of his arms to the, currently, empty pews, "and the combined spiritual energies can be put to call Saint Garth and the everliving Good Earth to revive those who are lost. With a modest contribution, which your friends seem to have started, we can perform the Ceremony of the Raising of the Dead to restore your friends to life. I must warn you that they will take time to recover beyond that and we are not always successful. Also, your friends cannot be dead for more than ten days and cannot be mummified in any form, including being dipped in tar. This is not a resurrection of old bones but the raising of the dead, a much less powerful ceremony. We can perform powerful magics here for His mission, but there are limits to the power granted to me by our Patron and the Good Earth."

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Grimes - Fighter
As Grimes hears mention of extra cost, he whispers quietly to Wulfric "Modest contribution? I'm starting to like the sound of that tar dipping idea even more..."
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter
As Grimes hears mention of extra cost, he whispers quietly to Wulfric "Modest contribution? I'm starting to like the sound of that tar dipping idea even more..."

Dandy chuckles loudly at Grimes' comment - then coughs a bit and quiets himself of being carried away by the humor.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 am

Dieter - Mage

Excellent! He will say clapping his hands together. The modest contribution that you speak of, what would that be?
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

A "Modest" Contribution...

Father Dobrun smiles at you. "A modest contribution is determined by you, not by the Church, although we recommend five percent of your receipts from your adventuring. You see, we will gladly perform the ceremony, regardless, but the hand of the ever-loving and ever-giving Good Earth is tipped by generosity of those that seek Her assistance. His will and power are infinite but She looks more kindly on those that are generous and compassionate to His Church. Just as She demands sacrifice of our time and labor, He also demands a measure of coin to serve His purposes here. A show of Good Faith through charity to Her Church displays a commitment to His Holy Work and She will gladly work through me and the congregation to allow for a successful ceremony. A poor farmer once paid but a single copper and a chicken for the revival of his son, and the Good Earth smiled upon him and returned his son to life. A wealthy shopkeeper, on the other-hand, paid a handsome sum for the life of his wife but this was a mere trifle to his vast riches and not enough to satisfy the Good Earth. You see, I do not determine the price, but the Good Earth sees your action and your heart and determines if it is enough."

He turns from you and calls to his acolytes. "Serk! Oliver! Go to their cart and retrieve the bodies of their friends. Please wash and prepare them for the Ceremony of the Raising of the Dead. When the congregation meets again tomorrow, we can perform the ceremony then."

Serk, or so you assume since he turned when the Father called his name, seems excited to do the work. He grabs the other, Oliver it would seem, and they both move with purpose to the cart outside the great doors. Father Dobrun turns back to you.

"Do not over-trouble yourselves with this. Merely ask yourselves what value you place on the lives of your friends. You are asking of the Good Earth a mighty work, He does not raise the dead every day, you know, and She deserves to be compensated as your means allow, don't you think?"

He nods and smiles at you some more, ever patient.

Father Dobrun is an elderly but vigorous man with a commanding presence. He is neither portly nor wan: he seems to eat enough but is no glutton. He and the acolytes are dressed simply and, if their rough hands are an indication, live simply as well. The only extravagance you see in the temple are the holy symbols, which appear to be of great value. All else is simple, although well kept.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 am

Dieter - Mage

Let me chat with my comrades and see what we can pull together. To the priest. He will motion his friends together in a huddle: What do you gents think we should do? I have a note from the guv'ner worth 500 gold but am feeling a little out of my water talking for the whole group. We could also sell the items that they had, I'm not sure what is in the cart of value.

OCC @ GM: I have repeatedly asked for an inventory of the cart the bandits had, is that something that you could share with us (did I miss it) or is there nothing other than our comrades inside? Thanks.
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 am

Ooc: are the deceased players still wanting to play?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain