Welcome To Morgan Vale!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome To Morgan Vale!

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin is also a bit ruffled by the report of the moaning. Nothing good can come of that... Something is here and it won't be long before it knows we are here. Maybe tomorrow we make our way through the graveyard on our way to the manor?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Marcus, paladin

Excellent idea, Nahin! Let's do that. But keep extra cautious on watch tonight!
greyarea

Postby kjc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 am

tumblingdice wrote:Rory takes a step back from Jayce. "I'm glad I didn't tell him about the rabbits,"...

:lol:

Jayce - Fighter
"Uhmmm...sorry about that..." Jayce says, clearly embarrassed by his outburst."I can pull double watches tonight...don't imagine I'll be sleeping much..." he offers as he takes a spot near the fire, never turning his back to the graveyard.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm

So it looks like double watches tonight. Will you keep the fire going?

I am returning home from sunny CA on the Red Eye tonight, so I'll post something later tomorrow. (Spanningtree, never had any time to get out of the hotel other than to dine at the Irvine Spectrum twice. But I can't complain about the 80 degree temps. I'll be returning to unseasonably cold weather and the potential for snow/freezing rain in Raleigh. Ugh.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Nahin - Elf

I'd say keep the fore going... those w/o infravision will be happier.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Agreed. Double up shifts with fire.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:56 am

"Fire it is, then," Rory says with a smile. He agrees to take first watch, as listed.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am

DAK

Dak looks around, content to sleep by the horses, or near the horses, to keep an ear out for their "fear sounds" - believing they have superior hearing and sense of smell (regardless if they actually do or not); he says to no one in particular, "DAK wach wenever yoo say, OK?"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm

You all sit around the fire winding down the evening, Buck nervously noting that there seem to be no noises in the valley other than the lonely moaning of the wind. The temperature seems to have stabilized, and it's a chilly and slightly windy night, Buck mentioning that he'd be surprised if there wasn't a frost on the ground in the morning.

You all call it a night, agreeing to double up the watches. Grinkle already joins Marcus on watch, so I'll just go down the list and double up the watch according to the descending order of watch. Buck will take up the last slot on the watch schedule. You gather enough wood to keep a decent, but not too roaring fire going all night.

The first watch is uneventful, and the second watch starts with Marcus and Grinkle on point. As Marcus is tending to the fire, Grinkle suddenly taps him on the shoulder and says "I saw a light... that way." And he points in the general direction of the manor. Marcus, you see nothing. Grinkle continues "It was quite a ways off, but I know I saw it - just for a moment. It either went out, or passed behind something that blocked it." You gaze in the direction for a good 5 minutes, but see nothing.

Any actions? Or just continue your shift as-is?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Marcus, paladin

Grinkle, keep an eye on our flank, there might be someone coming from another direction using the manor as a distraction. I'm going to try to get a better look. Marcus then climbs the rope ladder to the tower and tries to get a better look at the manor (and other areas, including the graveyard) from that vantage point.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure