Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby saalaria » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 am

Happy New Year everyone!

First day back at work for 11days so only gaming can keep me sane!
saalaria

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:43 am

At last, Bishop's Guillaume's map...
It was sitting on my scanner at home for two weeks. I finally brought it to work yesterday, and the scanner at work broke as I was scanning it. Note that it doesn't convey much more information than my original description. Now that's talent!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 pm

My work and home scanner both like to take unscheduled vacations, so I've started to simply take a photo with my iPhone and post the JPEG. Resolution seems to be okay, so it works for now. Your scanner woes sound just like mine.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:30 am

tumblingdice wrote:Note to self: Think of another way to kill the party besides starving them...

- Today on RPG Chat we are talking TPKs. Your most memorable TPK?

- Well, I once staved my adventurers to death.

- That's no big feat. In Avalon Hill's Outdoor Survival...

- No, we were playing Labyrinth Lord.

- Oh... well, in that case...
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Gents, been giving this some thought. Let's not worry about supplies. These are high level characters, one of whom has access to free food and water, so let's assume they have ample experience with military campaigns and overland journeys. Unless you're strutting naked about the desert in circles on forced marches under the noonday sun for days on end, you won't run out of food and water.

Furthermore, let's not worry about encumbrance. This is a stealth mission, across a hostile desert, occupied by an enemy army, and into a foreign, enemy land. In order to succeed and survive, secrecy and discretion are a must. This is not a treasure hunt. There are no stores or shop(pe)s in the Sind Desert, and those 5,000 cp in the abandoned temple, or wherever, aren't going to make or break your advance from 9th to 10th level.

So, instead of accounting, all you'll have to worry about is role-playing, navigating hostile, alien landscapes, evading rapacious, marauding armies, and unearthing and destroying ancient evils buried beneath the desert. Oh, and saving the world. That, too.

Are we good? If so, then let's get to it! Decide if you want to hire Pormas and his raft, or do something else instead, and we'll take it from there.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:04 pm

All good by me.

Assuming that we can't find a commuter flight from Parayama to The Temple of Death, then it looks like it's Porpoise and his raft.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:22 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Gents, been giving this some thought. Let's not worry about supplies. These are high level characters, one of whom has access to free food and water, so let's assume they have ample experience with military campaigns and overland journeys. Unless you're strutting naked about the desert in circles on forced marches under the noonday sun for days on end, you won't run out of food and water.

Furthermore, let's not worry about encumbrance. This is a stealth mission, across a hostile desert, occupied by an enemy army, and into a foreign, enemy land. In order to succeed and survive, secrecy and discretion are a must. This is not a treasure hunt. There are no stores or shop(pe)s in the Sind Desert, and those 5,000 cp in the abandoned temple, or wherever, aren't going to make or break your advance from 9th to 10th level.

So, instead of accounting, all you'll have to worry about is role-playing, navigating hostile, alien landscapes, evading rapacious, marauding armies, and unearthing and destroying ancient evils buried beneath the desert. Oh, and saving the world. That, too.

Are we good? If so, then let's get to it! Decide if you want to hire Pormas and his raft, or do something else instead, and we'll take it from there.

It's your call, and I'm compliant either way, but I don't think it's a bad choice; in fact, I've often used this method in my face-to-face games. There's nothing wrong with wanting to focus on the "fun" parts of the game. :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:46 am

badams30 wrote:All good by me.

Assuming that we can't find a commuter flight from Parayama to The Temple of Death, then it looks like it's Porpoise and his raft.

There is a flight, but you have to change planes in Sukiskyn. Once the goblin tribes had been defeated, Pyotr and Stephan got out of the horse taming business and built an airline: (TPA) Traladaran Peasant Airlines. All they serve on the plane is vodka. To the pilot.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:32 am

That works! :)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

tumblingdice wrote:
badams30 wrote:All good by me.

There is a flight, but you have to change planes in Sukiskyn. Once the goblin tribes had been defeated, Pyotr and Stephan got out of the horse taming business and built an airline: (TPA) Traladaran Peasant Airlines. All they serve on the plane is vodka. To the pilot.

I'd heard that. And Athelstan is their public relations man. It's tough doing PR for TPA, what, with all the goats and sheep in coach, and the planes smelling like old feet and moldy cheese.

Damn dirty Traldarans....
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads