Running a game soon, need quick help!

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Running a game soon, need quick help!

Postby Vault13Dweller » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 am

I'm running a game and the PC's have recently been hired by an enigmatic figure simply called "The General" to make their way through a series of irradiated and morlock infested caves to get to a large steel door protected by a force field to open said door and force field with a key card given to the PC's by the General to get inside the ex-military installation. Once inside, the PC's need to obtain a very specific silver box, but are welcome to keep anything else inside the installation.

So I was planning to put some technology inside the bomb shelter (we'll call it that for convenience), but I wasn't sure what kind or how much to put in there. The party is only level 1, so giving them laser weapons and power armor would be a bit extreme, but what amount of what technology would be reasonable to place inside a military installation that's protected by a force field?

Any ideas?
Don't drink the glowing water. - the Vault Dweller
Vault13Dweller

Re: Running a game soon, need quick help!

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 am

A weather control tower...it needs to be installed but once done it will provide 100% control of the weather within a given zone...say 25 miles.

Could be used to create an oasis in a very remote location...sold to a local village...etc.

:)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Running a game soon, need quick help!

Postby Blood axe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 am

You can limit ammunition or charges, have the item malfunction, etc. Grenades are one use items.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Return to Mutant Future