Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Postby Scalydemon » Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 pm

In the apse of the fane..

Immalor casts mirror image, and 4 duplicates of the Elf suddenly appear mimicking his actions
Zavenorrin rushes at the construct with his spear, atk roll 17 hits!. He solidly jabs the creature but his spear does not seem to penetrate it to any effect!
Turin, recovering from the beating, engages in melee with the monster, atk roll 16 hits! with his magical mace for 5+2=7 dmg
Balfa swings with his battle ax at the automation's abdomen, atk roll 7 misses
Egbert edges in with his L sword, atk roll 20 hits!, his blade also does not seem to penetrate the creature

Leon stealths around the back in the shadows. The glimmer of the green gems from the hideous statue catches his eye as does a sword hilt jutting up at an angle in a pile of slimey wood debris near the first row of rotted pews. Behind the scenes hide in shadows roll, d100, and Leon feels he has sneaked into position unseeen for a backstab attempt next round if he likes.

The thin clear/green slime coating seems to be everywhere inside this Temple and the footing is slick. It seems to have a corrosive effect completely melting through wood walls and furniture over time. It smells in this place of acrid decay. Near the gaping hole in the roof can be seen what looks to be a rotted rope dangling down in a single strand.

Thats the end of round 1. Next I will roll round 2 initiative, what are your actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Thu May 31, 2012 12:46 am

Egbert

"FOUL MOONS! That blow shoulda skewered'eem!! I can't do damage to it!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Vargr1105 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 am

Balfa is momentarily taken aback by his basque scimitar metamorphosis into a battleaxe, but he renews his efforts to wound the tall abomination.
Vargr1105

Postby Fools Jest » Thu May 31, 2012 4:23 am

Immalor, Elf

Immalor hefts his axe confidently and wades into the fray!

"My axe may fare better Egg, wielded by an elf no less!! Die foul spawn!"
Fools Jest

Postby kwll » Thu May 31, 2012 6:07 am

Zavenorrin makes, cautiously, one step behind. Looking with disgust and fear at the green slime, he shouts: "This thing cannot be hit by normal weapons! Only Turin can hit it! We probably should fall back for now!" He moves slowly towards the door they took to enter the room, always keeping an eye at the battle.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Thu May 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Leon puts his longsword down as quietly as possible (muffling the blade, etc.) and transfers his dagger to his main hand. Emerging from the shadows, he tries to bury the dagger between the shoulders of the construct.
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby greyarea » Thu May 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Turin, cleric

Great, only I can hurt it and I'm hurt! I wish someone else could cast Cure Light Wounds on me, he says as he bashes at the creature again with his mace.
greyarea

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

The 7' construct of hideous stitched together skin and scar tissue, seems a bit bewildered by all the Elf duplicates but battles on

Initiative round 2, party rolls 3, monster rolls 1, the party will be 1st to act..

Zavenorrin, feeling his weapon to be useless backs out of the fray towards the rear door as does Egbert (I believe, action is unclear)
Leon, seeing his foe engaged with multiple fighters, switches to dagger only and attempts a backstab, atk roll 11, hits! plunges the magical dagger into the behemoth's lower back, dmg roll 3+2=5 x2=10 dmg!
Balfa swings his scimitar, atk roll 19 hits!, but the blade does not penetrate his opponent
Immalor enters the fray with his ax, atk roll 3 misses, slides on some slime
Turin attacks with his magical mace, atk roll 16 hits! for 4+2=6 dmg cracking a rib
------------------------------------------------------------
The flesh construct roars out in a deep boom and swings with both fists attempting to pummel, roll to see who gets attacked, he swings around with a wild attack at Leon as the dagger is pulled from his back!
Monsters atk rolls, 18 hits!, and 1 misses terribly, dmg roll 1+3=4 damage (lucky!)

That's the end of round 2, Zavenorrin & Egbert surveying the scene now see the same things Leon saw last round and also notices a large dark stone boulder of some sort amidst the debris in the middle of the room beneath the gaping hole. I'll roll round 3 inititaive next, what are your actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Vargr1105 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Balfa curses silently and think to himself "Confound it! I face an enemy I cannot wound...". Then, with an arching of brows he has an idea. If he is unable to hurt this patchwork abomination maybe he can distract it and make easier the job of those who can wound it.

"Hey! HEY! You big lug! OVER HERE!!!" he shouts as he waves his arms. Then he adopts as good a defensive posture and readies to block or evade the blows of the creature.
Last edited by Vargr1105 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vargr1105

Postby kwll » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Seeing that his mates are not disengaging the creature, Zavenorrin adopts another strategy and concentrate to throw a Magic Missile at the formidable creature.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet