Finieous Fingers

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Finieous Fingers

Postby Adapt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:29 am

I was answering a question about my avatar picture just a moment ago. In doing so, I came across this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6KBeRZLm2GE/S ... nieous.png

Sweet, sweet nostalgia... :)
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Re: Finieous Fingers

Postby Blood axe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 am

I liked Wormy & Snarfquest too. lol.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Adapt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 am

Blood axe wrote:I liked Wormy & Snarfquest too. lol.

Snarfquest used to be the first thing I would read whenever I got a new issue. :D
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Blood axe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 am

You must be an old guy like me. (turning 40 in Feb.) lol.

I got my first D&D basic set (the red book) when I was 9 years old in 1981, for Xmas. My Dad had to read itover because my Mom was concerned it had orgies, evil spells, & devil worship in it. (Thanks 700 Club!) I remember when I opened it- she said to my Dad - " I told you not to get that!" LOL.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Adapt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:51 am

Blood axe wrote:You must be an old guy like me. (turning 40 in Feb.)

I'm getting there - turning 35 this month. I was four years old when my older brother brought home Dungeons and Dragons. Luckily, he was nice and patient enough to run it for me even at that young age. I ended up getting hooked for life, obviously. ;)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

Adapt wrote:I was answering a question about my avatar picture just a moment ago

There are some nosy people on this forum, aren't there? ;)

Two of my friends had the Holmes and Moldvay sets. There was never enough time between after school and dinner to get too far into a game, but I was intrigued by the character creation process plus all the really cool pictures in the rulebooks. I bought the 1983 Basic Set when I was 12 (1985). Though I was disappointed it didn't include The Keep on the Borderlands module like my friend's older set did, I soon got over it. Another one of my friends got the set, or maybe he just borrowed mine, but his mom pulled the plug on that whole operation. 700 Club strikes again! I was bummed, and my mom thought his mom was being ridiculous. Good old mom! :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby finarvyn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I loved Finieous Fingers all the way back to the Strategic Review days. My first (and essentially only) thief was Marvinieous Fingers and was inspired by the Finieous character.

I also loved "Bored Flak the bolt lobber, and I seldom miss at this range." (Quote pulled from memory; hope I got it right! 8-) )
Marv / Finarvyn
Knight of Dangerous Quests, Labyrinth Lord Society, 2009
Author of the S&W White Box 2009
Old LL board member #007 (back in 2007)
Earl of Stone Creek / C&C Society Member since 2003
OD&D player since 1975
finarvyn

Postby Adapt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 am

finarvyn wrote:I also loved "Bored Flak the bolt lobber, and I seldom miss at this range." (Quote pulled from memory; hope I got it right! 8-) )

You did! :D

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Alan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Just a quick FYI on JD - he is the game designer of the older GDW Air Superiority / Air Strike games (modern jet air-to-air and air-to-ground combat), and then went on to design COA's Speed of Heat (improved jet ACM game). After flirting with jets, he moved to WWII ACM, and has designed Over the Reich, Achtung Spitfire, and Whistling Death air combat games. He is currently working on the next installment of the WWII series, called Wings of the Motherland (focusing on the Eastern front).

Alan
Alan

Return to Open Discussion