Useful horror supplements.

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Useful horror supplements.

Postby Revturkey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:54 am

Hi all, just wanted to suggest backing the Triple Ace Games kickstarter for gothic horror supplements about Vampires and Shapeshifters. The books (like previous Mummies, Black Magic and Apparitions books) contain lots of useful background information that could be used to help enrich a Cryptworld game. They are an interesting read to fans of the genre. You can easily ignore or restat the 'things' contained as the system (Ubiquity) is pretty simple.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588759266/leagues-of-gothic-horror-shapeshifters-and-vampire/comments

I have a few old books on my shelves to inspire game ideas, my old Hamlyn Horror books being a favourite. Anybody else got any good recommendations?
Revturkey

Re: Useful horror supplements.

Postby seneschal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:05 pm

My favorite inspirations are old time radio shows such as The Shadow, I Love A Mystery, of Adventures By Morse. You never know what weirdness the heroes will run into. Suspense was the king of radio scares. Other inspirations are pulp adventure stories, movie serials, and Fifties sci fi movies.
seneschal

Postby Revturkey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:41 pm

Yes, all cracking sources :) I love all the old Hammer stuff but in particular the Amicus anthology films, my favourite being 'From Beyond the Grave"...excellent.
Revturkey

Postby seneschal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

YouTube is a gold mine of suspense, horror, and sci fi movies dating from the Twenties to the Seventies. You can get multiple takes on similar themes. Mexican monster movies are a hoot.
seneschal

Return to CRYPTWORLD