Red, Blue and the fate of Black Dougal.....

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Red, Blue and the fate of Black Dougal.....

Postby elf23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Ahhh nostalgia! :D Yes the artwork in those books is really awesome! I only had the Basic one, never owned the Expert set (I had the later Mentzer / BECMI Expert set)... seeing it in these photos makes me want to get a copy on ebay, just for fun.

Thanks for the photos Blood axe!
elf23

Postby Tortoise » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Blood axe wrote:I love Labryrinth Lord, otherwise I wouldnt be here! Im very glad I found LL and this great forum. Let the good times live on!
I had alot of good times with the old Red & Blue books. But Im an old fart of 39 years,lol. Some of you young'uns might not have seen these awesome books or even know about Black Dougal!!(Gasp!!) Im going to remedy that today. Enjoy.

Ah, the old B/X books were just the best. My gateway into this awesome hobby. Thanks for posting the pics. They serve to show the young where we ancient ones got started (this older fart is 46) and to let us gaze on the nifty art.
Tortoise

Postby Blood axe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Its good to see another old player. Im betting alot of the new players and those who just started with LL havent seen these books at all. They are definitely worth it if you can pick them up on Ebay.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby rabindranath72 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Blood axe wrote:Its good to see another old player. Im betting alot of the new players and those who just started with LL havent seen these books at all. They are definitely worth it if you can pick them up on Ebay.

They usually go for quite cheap, too (if you don't care about boxes.)
rabindranath72

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord