North Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: North Passage

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 am

Number Nine shoves open the other door. It leads to a passage exactly the same, ten by ten with a door at the end.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/32
--Furuk 51/46
Dieter 27/27 <Sleep, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Fireball x2>
--Dandy 33/33 <CLW x5, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Remove Curse, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic>
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11

Number Nine
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 am

Dieter - Mage

Hmmm... Shae, may I have another spike? Dieter will rinse and repeat the door spiking and opening with number nine.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 am

Twenty feet north of the third metal wall, the corridor enters a vast cavern, opening out onto a ledge. The corridor continues out onto the ledge, but there the walls no longer are made of stone. Instead, they seem to be made of some invisible substance, transparent as glass when faced straight on, yet silvery when seen from an angle. The corridor shape is no longer square, but is domed, as though a series of invisible hoops were supporting it. The corridor is very warm.

The corridor occupies the central part the ledge, which apparently projects from high above the floor in a very tall cavern. Silvery globes rise from the floor of the cavern, apparently far below, float slowly past the ledge, and disappear into the flat, silvery ceiling about 50 feet overhead.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/32
--Furuk 51/46
Dieter 27/27 <Sleep, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Fireball x2>
--Dandy 33/33 <CLW x5, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Remove Curse, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic>
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11

Number Nine
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 am

Castinus looks around him in disbelief. "What is all this?" he asks.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes looks at the invisible surface, then says "Well... I'm not smart enough to understand it, so thankfully I'm not smart enough to not do this..." And he steps onto the invisible area, with a visible wince, and every expectation that something horrific is about to occur.

(Am I understanding correctly that the surface is invisible-ish? Or just the walls?) If it's just the walls, he'll poke at them with his hand, seeing if it goes through.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 am

Grimes presses the wall. It gives slightly and then goes taut, as if there is some invisible barrier. The barrier is very warm to the touch.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:18 am

Dieter - Mage

Umm... yeah... weird. Let's have a look. He will follow Grimes into the corridor.
Spanningtree

Postby Fearghus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 am

Einar, Thief

Einar shrugs, "If the mage is willing to go then I don't see any reason to delay". The thief follows the mage and halfing.
Fearghus

Postby kjc » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:05 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
Looking wide-eyed in amazement, Shae gently touches the barrier. "Dieter, have you ever encountered anything like this?" she asks quietly.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Dieter - Mage

In response to Shae's query: Not in all my time.... the doors were odd, this place is odd. I have heard stories from others about travel to other planes and such, their accounts were as wild as what we are witnessing. Probably best to not think about it. He will say with a smile and arched eyebrow.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain