Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 am

Han:
Sorry, we posted at the same time. The Shrine is closed in the evening, but once your business is finished at the Barracks, you can head to the shrine. If this is what you wish, I'll detail that in a post tomorrow, including meeting Bando.

Nahin:
Sgt. Schultz politely answers "The only terms of service are for the length of your stay at Daggerford." Smiling, he continues, "Unlike most organized militias of the region, we only ask that residents serve. If you choose to make Daggerford your home, we only ask that you dutifully serve as the rest of the populace does. If you are travelling or away, you can resume your service upon your return. As you can see, we have no commitment, as it is." He laughs at your question of meals as he pats his belly "for the time you are staying in the barracks, I am sure the Waterdhavian Guard would have no objection to you dining with them at the barracks. They have their own cook and mess area, and while the food is nothing to brag about, it is ample and as good as you'd expect."
"Kelson? I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. I'll check and let you know. There have been some odd poaching reports in the wood as of late, and he's been out of the city for more time than normal. I will check though."
badams30

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 am

connivingsumo wrote:
badams30 wrote:And speaking of points, I'm keeping track of XP. I'll hand it out periodically, and if you are ready to level up, I'll be sure to get it to you so it makes the most difference.

ooc: i think i'm ready to level up! :P

Uhhh, sure. Oh wait, I forgot to mention my other houserule - Half-Orcs require 30,000xp to advance to second level.

Darn. Bummer, man. But you are well underway. Looks like you need, by my calculations, 29,995 more. Should be a piece of cake....
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 am

badams30 wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:
badams30 wrote:And speaking of points, I'm keeping track of XP. I'll hand it out periodically, and if you are ready to level up, I'll be sure to get it to you so it makes the most difference.

ooc: i think i'm ready to level up! :P

Uhhh, sure. Oh wait, I forgot to mention my other houserule - Half-Orcs require 30,000xp to advance to second level.

Darn. Bummer, man. But you are well underway. Looks like you need, by my calculations, 29,995 more. Should be a piece of cake....

:o :shock: :? :(

:lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 am

Nahin - Elf

Soaking up Sgt. Shultz's reply he will retort: I am at your service then. Please let me know anything you hear about Kelson, I would be in your debt sir. Nahin will join the militia.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:51 am

Jayce - Fighter

Jayce's eyes scan the parade grounds during the Sgt's presentation. "Well it's not the Waterdeep Guard, but it's a fresh start." He thinks with a sigh.

All right Sarge, I'm your man, or one of them anyway he finishes with a smile as he looks at the others gathered there.

OCC: I believe Dak and I were going to share a room at the Lucky Lady...so is it 5sp?
While on duty in town I will wear the provided studded leather so as not to stand out. Jayce wants to keep a low
profile around the Waterdeep troops for as long as possible-even though he wants to distinguish himself with the Duke
:? :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Rory listens to the terms of militia service. "Well," he says, "in the absence of any other terms, I find these terms acceptable."

OOC: Spanningtree, if you and the DM are willing and agreeable, our characters could have split the price of a room.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 pm

All the room shares are fine with me. Remember to deduct your 5SP share.
I'll be putting a status thread on here as well for HP and other info. I'll wait till I get some other feedback before I post further militia stuff.

Han, if you wish, you can head to the shrine of Tymora prior to going to meet with Sgt. Schultz, or you can go afterward.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus walks over to Sgt Schultz and says, "I'm eager to serve. Can you tell me more of Sherlen while we walk? I can help train men, if you'd like. It's part of why my mentor sent me to Daggerford."
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:08 pm

badams30 wrote:All the room shares are fine with me. Remember to deduct your 5SP share.

room split with an elf: 5 sp
bottle of wine I didn't have to split with anyone: 5 sp
meat, bread and just enough veggies to keep me healthy by medieval standards: 3 sp

A fresh day's start in the town of Daggerford: priceless! ;)

13 sp deducted from character sheet.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Han Overfist, augur

"Sgt. Schultz, is there a particular time or place to be on a daily basis?"

"Tymora calls and I am here to serve"

(as noted, I will partake of the barracks and provided meals)

"If you do not need me today I will meet with the barracks cook and see if I can lend a hand in the kitchen as well as meet up with the local Tymora cleric"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure