The Northwest Barony - LL pbp game looking for players

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: The Northwest Barony - LL pbp game looking for players

Postby Adapt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Erny wrote:Yes, please count me in. How about a Dwarf, old grizzled and in need of a new lord to give his oath to (sometimes it's good to play the old archetypes)?

Sounds great! Welcome aboard, Erny!
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby sonofotho » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey Adapt - if you still have space, I'd be interested in playing. How about a human thief?
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Postby Adapt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 pm

sonofotho wrote:Hey Adapt - if you still have space, I'd be interested in playing. How about a human thief?

Sounds like a plan! that brings our total players to 4 so far, 5 if connivingsumo decides to play. :)
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:24 am

Adapt wrote:
sonofotho wrote:Hey Adapt - if you still have space, I'd be interested in playing. How about a human thief?

Sounds like a plan! that brings our total players to 4 so far, 5 if connivingsumo decides to play. :)

What class(es) are needed still? I'm reluctant as I doubt I could post daily - my 'availability' is really hit & miss. Since the gestapo, I'm betting I average about 3-4 times per week.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby sonofotho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 am

Adapt wrote:

Great! Looking forward to it. Will you be making the rolls for character generation?
sonofotho

Postby Adapt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 pm

sonofotho wrote:Will you be making the rolls for character generation?

You guys will be making your own rolls for character generation.

As far as how to handle other rolls in the game, I posted a question about this a while back in a different thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=868 The advice I got has made me think that doing in-game rolls myself will be a lot easier. If nobody objects (and I doubt kipper or sonofotho will, since they were the ones who gave me that advice ;) ) I think we'll do it that way: Roll your own characters, I'll roll combats etc. Sound good? If you guys want to handle this a different way, let me know. I'm not opposed to having you guys make your own rolls, I'm just trying to do whatever will work the best for everyone.

Speaking of that other thread:
kipper wrote:As a general rule the way I keep a game moving as a DM is that I *don't* necessarily wait for all players to post before going ahead and making my next post, I simply tell players the rule that they have 24hrs between my posts to post their actions. After that time period, I feel fully justified as DM in moving the game forward in fairness to the other players. If a player hasn't posted, I usually have their character just continue their previous action or stand quietly in the background as may be appropriate.

This seems like a great way to keep things going, and I'm thinking about snagging this policy. Have you encountered any problems with this method, kipper? Does this seem fair to everyone?
Last edited by Adapt on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby sonofotho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:04 pm

I fully support Kipper's policy. I think the GMs number one job (well ok, number two job after creating an interesting environment for the players to do their thing) is to keep the game moving. Unless the issue is of life and death relevance for a character, I think the 24 hour policy is fine. And I certainly agree with the GM as dice roller!

But with regards to the character gen, do you want to use 3d6 or 4d6 and drop the lowest? Rolls in order or are we free to arrange to fit with our class?
sonofotho

Postby kipper » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Adapt wrote:Have you encountered any problems with this method, kipper?

Only when I don't wait the FULL 24 hours and post 30 minutes early :lol: !! I had one minor complaint about that once, nothing serious though, and no irreparable damage was caused :D.
kipper

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm good with the DM rolling for me. As long as he rolls 20's for me on attack roles. I will take an occasional 18 or 19, but prefer constant 20s.
badams30

Postby Adapt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:07 am

connivingsumo wrote:What class(es) are needed still?

So far we have:

badams30 = Magic-user
    kipper = Fighter
    Erny = Dwarf
    sonofotho = Thief

If anyone wants to change their mind about the class they picked, that's fine. I trust you guys to come up with whatever class composition you think is best for the party. that being said, here are a few things to keep in mind:

It will be good to have a dwarf in the group. Only the dwarves have firsthand knowledge of the foul creatures and strange happenings that have been the subject of rumor and speculation within the barony. Aside from that, this is their homeland - they know the terrain pretty well, know much of the history, know the locations of most of the old dwarven halls, etc..

There's no cleric as of yet. While it would be good to have one, I can't foresee any situation in the campaign that would absolutely require one. Healing spells are always nice to have, of course, but I'm not going to pull some kind of "You lose because you didn't have a cleric!" move ;)

badams30 had asked about Halflings, and if someone wants to play one I'll go ahead and include them. Otherwise I'll probably leave them out of the setting.

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings