Nulb

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Nulb

Postby kwll » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 pm

"Agreed, let's move on." says Calthas, a bit disgusted by what he just witnessed. "And next time, it might be better to just dispose of our enemies defeated in combat, and not enter useless discussions."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby GreyKatana » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Father Redmond solemnly nods and moves on.

OOC: XP added. Does FR have 1 more 1st lvl spell if he didn't have to cast one of his CLW? I'm not sure about the count :?
Last edited by GreyKatana on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyKatana

Postby merias » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Effric continues on with the others when ready.
merias

Postby greyarea » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:46 pm

The party moves on. The Gnarley Forest finally opens up and it's a short trip to Nulb from there. You rejoin the other road just to the northwest of the town.

It is early evening when you arrive, crossing the bridge and passing The Waterside Hostel. The village of Nulb is filthy, ramshackle, and yet still fairly active. The buildings are of turf, mud brick, crudely hewn logs, and old timbers from boats. One or two have stone foundations and proper boards, but even these are in need of repair. It appears that the inhabitants of the village are boatmen, fishers, herdsmen, farmers, and the like. It is apparent that no one manages to make much of a living in Nulb, and as it is such a poor place.

Other than the Hostel itself, you notice three buildings of interest: The Smithy and Stable, Mother Screng's Herb Shop, and Boatmans' Tavern and Nulb Market.

This might be the poorest, saddest village you've encountered in your travels.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4/1>
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 6/9 <>
Father Redmond 13/13 <2/3>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>

OOC: GreyKatana/Fr Redmond, I'm pretty sure I have your spell count right. That said, unless things go really south this evening in Nulb, you will be getting your spells back with matins at dawn.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:59 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances about and then looks sideways at Caydon with a grimace. He says quietly "What a miserable place. Let's try to keep together and not make a fuss until we get the lay of the land, shall we?"

Thurwin sighs and says "The inn?" And almost as an afterthought he says "It goes without saying that we should probably not mention anything about the moathouse. And with luck, no escaped ruffians came this way."

OOC: I guess that's always the place to start. The inn. I'm sure we'll be welcomed as shining heroes and treated smashingly. Or some combination of this...
badams30

Postby GreyKatana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:09 am

Father Redmond - Cleric

Father Redmond looks around, judging the village and its inhabitants with his years of experience.
"Well well, here's a place where my dreaded moathouse-broom will be quite useful."

He clears his voice and exclaim himself to the general populace:
"Hear ye, hear ye, good people of Nulb! I, Father Redmond, has come to your humble village to teach you about the word of Zagyg, god of magic and humour. For a modest donation of refreshments to me and my companion, I shall regale you with the teachings of my wise patron."

He will wait, expectant, for someone to take him up on his offer.

OOC: No problemo. Thanks for keeping track of all this.
GreyKatana

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:20 am

Tavin - Monk

I am going to check the inn. Tavin will make his way over and enter.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Calthas follows Tavin, explaining to all he meets that the old fool who just talked is deranged, and they should not pay attention.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Fr Redmond pontificates. A local half-orc wanders by and spits at his feet. Everyone else does their best to ignore him, to varying degrees of success. By the glances a few shoot at him, he might need a cure spell before the evening is up, if he continues on.

The rest of the party heads to The Waterside Hostel (the closest thing to an inn in this shanty-town). This place is one of the more substantial buildings in Nulb. It has a foundation of field stone and walls of sawn timber, but is nonetheless a scurvy place.

Entering the front door, you find yourselves in a large tavern room. Behind a counter is the hostler: a burly fellow with a scarred, pockmarked visage, one eye covered by a patch. Nearby is a bar, dirty but sturdy. The barkeep is lanky and of greasy appearance, but quite tall. Two slovenly wenches and two manservants of surly mein hover about the place. They are serving two dozen or so patrons, none of whom appear particularly friendly.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4/1>
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 6/9 <>
Father Redmond 13/13 <2/3>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will wave to everyone inside as they enter with a wide grin. He will attempt to find an open table that has enough room for the whole group.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk