The Tomb of Horrors

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Tomb of Horrors

Postby merias » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy concentrates on the eyes of the skull and reads his scroll of Exorcism.
merias

Postby badams30 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Grimes - Soulless Fighter

Grimes floats around, singing "Soul Man" hoping that Deiter can hear him and come over for a snack. Or a soul. Or whatever.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Castinus looks in desperation at the swords lying amongst the treasure at his feet. He begins to reach for the closest one, but then stops. Uncorking his remaining vial of holy water, he pours the contents over the ashes of Acererak.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:29 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk takes the Potion of Heroism out and drinks the contents of the flask.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 6 party [1d6] = 3

The Skull of Acererak the Eternal looks about and chooses which one [1d3] = 3. Castinus is sucked from himself and into the jeweled eye of the Skull. His body falls limply.

Happy see his conjurer motionless and sinks back into the earth and into his plane.

Furuk drinks a potion. He feels more heroic!
Dandy reads the Scroll of Exorcism! The Skull of Acererak the Eternal cracks again! Bits fall off and an unholy light shines from the gems in the eye sockets, filling the small chamber with reddish light. The skull bursts into many fragments and the two gems fall to the ground!

The gems give up their ghosts. Seven souls fly from the crystals looking for their homes!
Dieter save vs spells [1d20] = 13
Grimes save vs Spells [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22
Castinus save vs Spells [1d20] = 18
The three adventurers find their bodies and return to them. The four other souls scream and return to the gem.

The Skull of Acererak the Eternal is defeated. Two gems lie amongst the rubble of the skull. They seem to glow with an inner light...

Within the vault is a huge treasure: gems of all sorts, potions and scrolls (12 and 6 respectively, by your count outside of the vault), three swords, a spear, a rod, a staff, and some other things hidden beneath the treasure you can see. Beyond the trove is a sort of altar, covered in dust and the remnants of a skull with two faintly glowing gems among it...

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46 blessed, prayered
--Furuk 59/59 blessed, prayered Potion of Heroism!
Dieter 19/31 < remove curse, dispel magic, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc > blessed, prayered
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise > blessed ; protected from evil 10', prayered
Castinus 34/34 blessed, prayered
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes sits up and looks about "Eh? What did I miss?" Seeing the skull no longer floating around he groans "Dang, I wanted to poke him again." His smile returns and he says "Nice job, fellas! I'm glad this thing is dead. Now lets collect this loot and go free our Siren friend and get out of here! I'm tired of sleeping underground."

Grimes will help collect the treasure and bag it up.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Castinus looks around in bewilderment at his surroundings, and then in amazement as the other four souls return to the gem. "Huh..." he muses.

He then turns his attention to the skull. "What happened," he asks. "I thought I saw myself on the floor."

After he has regained his wits, he will pick himself up off the floor. "So, what next? Should we just go home, or take care of the body as well? I'm not much in the mood for treasure anymore. Nothing here is as it seems."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby merias » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Dandy breathes a sigh of relief, glad to have his companions back.

"Aye, let's grab this loot and get outta here!"
merias

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Grimes grabs the loot. When he touches the first coin the dust on the altar swirls into the air and forms into a man-like shape.

The bone-dust figure looks about and espies the wizard and begins advancing menacingly...

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46 blessed, prayered
--Furuk 59/59 blessed, prayered Potion of Heroism!
Dieter 19/31 < remove curse, dispel magic, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc > blessed, prayered
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise > blessed ; protected from evil 10', prayered
Castinus 34/34 blessed, prayered
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:37 pm

OC: Damn. I should have poured the holy water on the ashes when I had the chance. The good news is that we still might all die here after all. Seriously. Who's going to believe us if we tell someone we survived the Tomb of Horrors? :)

Castinus throws the holy water at the newly formed menace.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain