[Dolmvay] - A little help here . . .

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

[Dolmvay] - A little help here . . .

Postby petespahn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi everyone! As I mentioned in a previous post, I have written up a version of the City of Dolmvay for my Chronicles of Amherth campaign setting. I am planning to make it almost 90% open content, which means anyone who wants to publish a generic city adventure set in the city is free to use the city map and most of the locations in the city. In the text I describe the city's overall layout and major NPCs but leave a LOT of room for new people and places to be added in.

I would like to include some open content from other authors.

What I have:
    -City map (in the works)
    -History (as it relates to Amherth)
    -Descriptions of the city layout (districts, wards. neighborhoods, etc.)
    -Descriptions of numerous locations throughout the city (taverns, brothels, temples, etc.)
    -Major Factions and NPCs (descriptions of major Factions and NPCs)

What I would like to see:
    -Interesting random tables (NPCs, pick pockets, etc.)
    -Artwork! (any artwork you have lying around that remotely involves a fantasy city (tavern, blacksmith, etc.) would be extremely helpful. Art is one of the major costs of publishing these days.
    -Maps (any inn, market, etc. map you have lying around)
    -Adventure (any drop-in city-based adventure would be great)
    -Anything else that relates to a fantasy medieval city

What you get in return:
I'm currently leaning towards making this a Pay What You Want title, so chances are you'll be receiving the PDF for free, but if your content is included, you will also get a print copy of the book as well as an ad in the back promoting a web page, product, blog, podcast, etc. of your choice. In addition, I will be happy to work with you to include an NPC of your own design in the Major NPCs section and give a few plot hooks surrounding his or her deeds or background. This can be a newly created NPC or one of your old characters whose name you'd like to see in print.
You will get full name credit for every entry of course.

Hit me up at smallnichegames - at- gmail -dot- com

Feel free to link to this post!

Pete Spahn
Small Niche Games
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Re: [Dolmvay] - A little help here . . .

Postby ArcherSix » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

I just want to say, I think this is awesome. Wish I could help, but my art is stick figures and all my encounter stuff is scrawled into an old notebook. I do look forward to getting a hard copy when available!
ArcherSix

Return to Labyrinth Lord