Welcome To Morgan Vale!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome To Morgan Vale!

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Marcus quickly crosses the overgrown path and scales the tower rope ladder carefully, the weight of his armor and weapons weighing heavily on the old rope. Reaching the top, you have a good view of the dark valley. With the limited moonlight, you can make out some of the shadows of buildings and structures, but you see no movement. You note Grinkle has taken a position crouched in the shadow of the wagon, using it to conceal his position. He seems very intent on focusing on the road ahead.

You stand watchful for about 10 minutes, and (secret roll) you see a very quick flash of light, coming from what you would estimate to be the manor, or thereabouts. It is only visible for 2-5 seconds, and then disappears. But before you can react to the light, you see Grinkle motioning to you, waving his hands and pointing to the path leading into the valley, about 50 feet ahead of the campsite. You strain your eyes, and you note movement coming toward the campsite - whatever it is, it's moving slowly, and without much stealth.

A movement in the campsite catches your eye, and comfortingly, you note that it is Grinkle, quickly moving among the sleeping and whacking them as he goes by.

To the rest of the group: You are awakened from your peaceful slumber by a concerned looking Grinkle, motioning for you to be quiet. He whispers "Something is coming! That way!" And he motions to the road leading into the valley, in the general direction of the manor...
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm

DAK

Doesn't skip a beat, grabs his greatsword, and moves out of the camp - perpendicular to the road. DAK's intention is to flank whatever is coming up the valley/path at our camp... in the event it's not friendly.

In his typical 'whisper-shout', DAK quietly informs whomever is listening... "DAK redy - over der off too side!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus levels his crossbow, taking aim at the thing coming. Good Grinkle, he whispers to himself.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Remember - those of you who were sleeping are unarmored. Due to the cautious nature of your watch and surroundings, I'll say you have your gear ready to be donned quickly, but it'll still take a round or two.
Unless you tell me you are suiting up, you are unarmored, unless you have a shield. If you take a moment to get suited up, I'll say that you have armor, shield and main weapon in hand, other gear still unequipped unless you tell me otherwise.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:30 am

Rory, after being "whacked" (see above) by Grinkle, snaps into consciousness. He gets to his feet, and begins donning his leather armor.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will get up and start armoring up.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:18 am

As everyone hastily dons their armor, Grinkle and Marcus keep a watchful eye on the road. Dak disappears into the darkness, moving to flank whatever is approaching, taking a wide arc to the right. As he dashes nearer the graveyard, he can hear the disconcerting "UhhhUUuhhhhhhhUUuuuuhhhh" moaning, still faintly eminating from the graveyard, seemingly in one spot.

Marcus, keeping your crossbow carefully trained on the road, you observe that the approaching being isn't actually one thing, but rather a number of beings. You can't make them out yet, but it appears to be at least 6, possibly more beings slowly advancing down the road, steadily toward the campsite.

Grinkle disappears behind the wagon, keeping to the shadows.

Han and Buck are gearing up as the rest of you are.

Those of you on the ground can just begin to make out several shapes materializing through the darkness, advancing steadily, yet with a rambling gait. the only noise you can hear is the sound of metal armor clinking and scraping ominously....
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 am

DAK would have suited up - sorry about that; my "playing skills" are a bit dusty :cry:
I'm sure that will change where DAK is - so just let me know where he's at and I can reconfigure my action; my apologies.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 am

Marcus, paladin

Once in range, Marcus will fire his crossbow at the lead... um, shape. Then he will get down from the tower to join the others.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 am

badams30 wrote:Those of you on the ground can just begin to make out several shapes materializing through the darkness, advancing steadily, yet with a rambling gait. the only noise you can hear is the sound of metal armor clinking and scraping ominously....

Jayce - Fighter
"AH, N-NO-NO! Now see this is the krap I'm talking about...but did anyone listen? 'Hey Jayce let's camp by the graveyard, we'll have a few laughs...'" Jayce says frantically as he dons his armour. At the same time he scans the encampment looking for an accelerant to throw on the fire and encroaching crypt critters.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure