Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby jcftao » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 am

Theo will stand back and watch in awe as the paladin converses with the spirit.
jcftao

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Rory will likewise keep his trap shut. Marcus has got this!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Marcus, paladin

I am not a man of diplomacy, great Viliusk, so I will not mince words. I know not if Mangalore is a great warrior, I've not tested his steel, but he has lived many years and fought many battles, so I can only assume that his worth on the front lines is to be reckoned with. He is not one to lead from behind and he bears the scars of warfare to prove it.

The Wolverines do well but do not prosper as they did in your time, mighty Viliusk. Weather and contagion have winnowed their ranks like battle could not, just as it took a spider's poison to destroy the leader who could be felled by neither maul nor blade. Regardless, they fight on under the banner that Mangalore raises, the one your raised, and has allied himself with those who will help the tribe to regain their former glory. Although it was not spoken of to us, I believe that Mangalore wishes to erect the shrine to you, with your ashes and your spirit, to provide a focal point for the Wolverines so that his living spirit and your immortal one can bring the Wolverines to a newfound prosperity.

Torm teaches us that honor and loyalty provides the structure upon which all virtue and mettle is grounded. Through honoring you with this new shrine, Mangalore will hang the Wolverine's virtue and mettle for victory in years to come. Let us go with these ashes so that Mangalore can complete his holy quest and your spirit can find rest in honor.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:35 am

The haunt of Viliusk shakes its head slowly as you speak of the recent misfortunes of the Wolverines, but as you mention how Mangalore is working to restore the glory of the Wolverines and build the shrine, the spirit lets out a satisfied "Yesssss. This pleases me. It seems my people are in good hands, and have chosen appropriate heroes for this task." It extends its misty hand toward the urn and says "You may take my mortal remains for this shrine you speak of." He glides to the side and with a wave of his hands, the panel on the side of the solid tomb clatters to the floor below, revealing a large compartment within the block. Inside you see:
1. A suit of dusty plate mail - sturdy looking and of obvious quality, but plain. Looks identical to the misty version Viliusk is wearing.
2. A glowing two handed sword with Wolverine runes up and down the blade. Also looks identical to the one Viliusk's haunt has on it's back.
3. A large gold neck chain
4. A pair of platinum arm bracers set with small green gems
5. Two ivory horns with silver bands
6. An ornate ceremonial staff-mace, looks identical to one Viliusk wields in some of the glyphs you've seen

Viliusk says "You may take two items with you. And in addition, secure this staff and deliver it to this Mangalore. It may aid him in his efforts."
The haunt floats back atop the tomb and begins to fade slowly. He says in almost a whisper "Go now. Select what you will and leave me to my slumber. Make haste, lest you join me in eternal repose." With that, the mist fades down into the tomb, as it does, a faint rumble resonates through the ground and quickly ends, but a thin shower of dust and dirt assures you it was in fact real.

Actions?
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 am

"What should we take," Rory wonders aloud.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Marcus, paladin

I desire the two-handed sword, so that the one I carry can be returned to my teacher for his next student. It seems it may have the blessings of the gods on it, so that I might serve Torm and the Dutybound better. The arm bracers might do you well, Rory, and we must take the staff, of course.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:47 pm

greyarea wrote:Marcus, paladin

I desire the two-handed sword, so that the one I carry can be returned to my teacher for his next student. It seems it may have the blessings of the gods on it, so that I might serve Torm and the Dutybound better. The arm bracers might do you well, Rory, and we must take the staff, of course.

Just to clarify, the sword and plate have a faint magical aura to them, as does the staff, but the remaining items appear normal, albeit valuable.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Nahin - Elf

Still mesmerized by the encounter: The armor has an aura, perhaps Jayce should grab it... No sense in leaving majicks behind. I can pack the staff back if no one else wants to.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:17 am

Jayce - Fighter
Reacting to Nahin's comment, "Wow, thanks Nahin! If that choice best serves the DutyBound...then sure!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:40 am

"Indeed," Rory says, looking at Jayce. "A decent set of armor might serve you well."

OC: A half-elf mage, who heard the ghost say, "Take only 2 things plus the staff," and is smart enough to know better; a chaotic neutral thief walking away from a pile of treasure. [biting knuckles...]
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure