Do you think mutants should look like mutants

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Do you think mutants should look like mutants

Postby Agrippa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 am

So what would Marv's mutations be, aside from Bizzare Appearence and Increased Strength?
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am

Agrippa wrote:So what would Marv's mutations be, aside from Bizzare Appearence and Increased Strength?

Increased Constitution, Enlarged Parts (scrots), and Martial Affinity.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Agrippa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Malcadon wrote:
Agrippa wrote:So what would Marv's mutations be, aside from Bizzare Appearence and Increased Strength?

I'm not going to litterally give Marv enlarged scrots when I finish statting him up, but yeah, he has some of the biggest balls of any modern hero I can think of. I just have to wrap up Nemesis the Warlock first.
Agrippa

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 am

Marv is a different situation...I mentioned at the beginning that I avoid the superhero mutations and standards when PA gaming, unless it is a superhero PA game of course.

But as it is a good thought, Marv is a ball buster and would do very well in any PA setting IMO.

He could avoid the Increased stats if we grant him a few good rolls...high strength, constitution, maxed out hit points, crapppppy charisma.

As for mutations...

Regenerative Capability would make sense

Increased Strength and Constitution would fit nicely

Bizarre Appearance...brutish looks with pale gray skin, large body parts, extra bone density, overall hard clay or rock like look to skin/flesh

This would get you in the ballpark for a Mutant Future Version of Marv

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Blood axe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm

The Mutant Epoch game has an interesting idea - Ghost Mutants. They are mutants, but without any physical signs of mutation.

There could also be mutants that look completely normal, but have their mutations easily concealed. Like a set of eyes on your chest,etc,etc.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 am

So I suspect the Ghost Mutants have a different list to get mutations from?

There are many mutations that come with weirdness without any of my kind of help :)

4 arms, two heads, etc.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:54 am

Found this today, a good looking group if I must say so!

http://thomasperkins.blogspot.com/

Thomas Perkins, great artist...has done tons of famous bits.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Blood axe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Atomic Ray wrote:So I suspect the Ghost Mutants have a different list to get mutations from?

There are many mutations that come with weirdness without any of my kind of help :)

4 arms, two heads, etc.

Yes, a comlpetely different list. They are kind of like super heroes. They look like normal humans but have "powers".
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Gotcha, I figured as much.

I am working on a master list...currently I have 600+ mutations...in the end I am shooting for 800.

The idea is to roll 1D6 or 1D8 at the same time as a pair of D100...1-6 or 1-8 for the table, A-F or A-H...then the 01-00.

The lists are being set up so that there will be no show mutations, as you note for that other game, and other themed sets...sensory/communication, stat modifiers, etc.

This way a player could choose a chart/table by character concept..."I would like to be a mutant but not be all creepy looking"..."I don't care what the character looks like but I would like to be tough/strong as hell"...etc.

I find that a few choices help those uncomfortable with random creation be a bit more enthusiastic.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Agrippa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:29 am

Malcadon wrote:

I'll take a break from Nemesis to work on Marv. Now I'm also giving my Mutant Future-style NPC's BECMI-style classes on top of what they would normally get. So should I make him a ruffian or a brawler?
Agrippa

PreviousNext

Return to Mutant Future