Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes just hangs to the back, anxious to get back into the woods and on the way to tackle these cultists he's been hearing about.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:47 pm

A Banking We Will Go...

You head to the bank. The exterior is no different from the baker's or cloth store flanking it, but once you enter it is apparent that this is someplace requiring heavy security. There are at least seven guards in the bank itself, armored and armed with sword and crossbow. Ahead of you is a large desk behind which a dwarf sits. His grey-flecked beard lays on the desk and stretches across it, drooping over the edge. A nameplate etched in electrum, it seems, reads Konniey Niers. He looks up at you from paperwork and does not smile.

"So you're the ones that Gruber the worm sent over. Hand me the paperwork," Konniey says as he stretches out his hand. Dieter hands over the scroll and the wizened dwarf reads it.

"Alright, we have an account set up for you with the gold specified. You can withdraw any amount you like. You may also put more money into the account, if you prefer."

He holds up a mirror, one that Dieter recognizes as a Mirror of Identification, and says, "All you wish to have access to this account must peer into this mirror. It will record your essence, not your appearance, so that you may have access to the account when needed even if polymorphed. We will guard whatever is held within until you need it. All who are granted access have equal share in the account and none can make a withdrawal larger than their share. As such, I highly recommend resurrecting any of you who die so that his or her share may be accessed at a later date."

His deep blue eyes peer from face to face a the party. "So, what will it be? Withdrawal or deposit?"
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Dieter - Mage

Turning to his comrades. Okay gents, whats next? Anyone need some gold now?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

"Well... err... there was that castle I wanted to build..." he chuckles as he speaks. Looking at his companions, a bit confused, and to the Dwarf sitting behind the desk - Dandy just shakes his head 'no'.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 am

Dieter - Mage

Right then, turning back toward the seated dwarf, go ahead and identify me. Once done he will turn back to his companions: Back to the mountain?
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 pm

OOC: Do you guys want to stock up on gear? Everything in the LL and AEC equipment lists other than livestock and maritime gear are available. Your lowest possible price is that in the book (they charge high expecting to haggle down to that).

Also, do you wish to sleep in the Inn or go now? Sleeping in the Inn means you can make it in one day. Going now means you will need to camp on the way.

Otherwise, next DM post will be back to the mountain.

Also, Anadrea is on special assignment for Sir Taris and won't be joining you.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Dieter - Mage

I would think we should spend one more night here and start afresh in the morning. What do you gents think? Dieter will seek out anything like a magic or alchemist shop in search of healing potions. If he comes by any he will return to the bank to retrieve the needed amount from the account and pay up. Let me know if he is successful in this search.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will go back to the inn and have a decent meal, a couple drinks and turn in for the night, waking up early to get on the road with his new colleagues.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Dieter discovers that the local Shrine is the only source of healing potions, in fact potions of any kind. Upon going there he sees Father Dobrun again.

"It's good to see you back," the wizened priest says. "I figured you'd need healing if you're really special agents of Sir Taris. I've had one of my acolytes pick up a few from our stores. We normally only hold these for emergencies." As he hands the potions to you he says, "You'll find that these few are regular healing potions, but I've gotten one of my special extra healing potions from reserve for you. If the cult is back, as I am told, you may need this to defeat the Obsidian Heart. Also, your friends are in good hands. We are prepping them for the ceremony now and they should be waiting for you, the Good Earth willing, upon your return from the Mountain of the Skull." He excuses himself to oversee the preparations for the ceremony.

You have gained five Potions of Healing and one of Extra-Healing.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Dieter - Mage

Thank you very much Father, you are very generous. We will wipe the scourge from the mountain. Leaving the shrine and head back to the cart, having pocketed the scrolls earlier he will grab the long sword with runes and the potion. Enlisting anyone in the party what cares to tag along he will ride the cart to the nearest merchant . Ho, there!! I have a great many things that I would like to sell you! Would you by chance have any items of magic that you would be willing to trade/sell? He will show the merchant the contents of the cart. Currently he is interested in an overall price for the contents as well as any potential magic items that might help a mage like wands or rings. Upon seeing Grimes he will hand him the rune sword and a potion of healing. To Dandy he will hand the potion of sooper heroism and a potion of healing. To Furuk he will hand the potion of extra healing.

OCC @ GM: Just about done in town here. Sheet updated with 3 potions of healing and "special agent badge".
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain