Looking for wizards to defeat evil!

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Looking for wizards to defeat evil!

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:10 pm

http://www.goblinoidgames.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=57

A LL PbP game set in the modern world, a clone of the Harry Potter universe...the characters are all adults 18-20+yrs...with access to multi-class magic careers, house rules to allow cross training for flavor, characters have 6 levels to play with character development.

A serious game, no 11yr olds lol.

Characters are in trade school or college, being sent out on rescue missions, exotic materials collections, dealing with mundanes/muggles, etc.

Take a look let me know what you think either way, all constructive input is welcome!

"ad maiora nati sumus"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Looking for wizards to defeat evil!

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:37 pm

If you wanted to play with the idea and try building a wizarding type with the different spell sets and can't play for whatever reason, then please make a character anyway...I could use the help making NPCs...I appreciate other's visions, bring more flavors to the party.

If you have a partial idea or do not want to fully flesh out a character, just play with the idea to a point...post it and let me know and I will finish it.

Thanks again for looking it over.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 am

Sounds cool!! I'm in! You did a lot of work, and made it very interesting.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Thank you thank you. The setting could be really fun.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:53 pm

I am building up the setting and could still use some characters...I have gotten some PMs that declare desire to play but hate towards Harry Potter...if this is your case then no worries...the Gotham College setting is about the same as grade school in Hicksville is the same as University Nowtown :)

I am just working a game around the idea of being modern magic users in a world where these are rare...dealing with the hidden world...much more Hellboy than Harry Potter.

:D
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Really? I expected more interest than what I have seen thus far...how about telling me what part of the format is unattractive or uninteresting?

I have it set up to mix various types/classes of magic, starting with 6 class levels, characters get a handful of unique (you name and design them) magic items, it is set in modern times, in New York City dealing with rat-men...rogue street elves...zombies...

I just don't see why I am not bombarded with requests to join :(

So if you are reading this and say to yourself..."I have no time" "I have no interest (which is curious as you picked the thread to read)" "I hate magic" or whatever it is...please let me know here or by PM...

I figured this would be a home run setup...something different yet current.

It is a curious situation :)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 am

I agree w/the author's curiosity!!! Sure it's "like" Harry Potter, but what elements are really like the books/movies? It is set in quasi-modern day... check. You'll use wands.... check. You're in a "muggle/collegiate setting... check. WTF else is there??? THIS IS NOT Harry Potter!!!!!!!! :evil:

C'mon!!! Join me!!! I am a "want to do good" Necromancer! Look... necromancy CHOSE me - I did not choose it!!! :x Help me prove I CAN do good, and WILL do good!!!!!! 8-)

Don't be so chicken-sh&t! Give it a try!! If it blows - leave. If it doesn't - continue and let's 'CONQUER'!!!! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm

No worries, I will keep building the setting and we will move forward soon.

I can always build other elements into the game, it is curious that there are so few interested people...perhaps after the holidays.

:)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Gamer Gatherings