Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:46 pm

OOC: I would like to keep exploring and check on the prisoners later. Furuk isn't real concerned about them.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Einar discovers that one of the keys unlocks both the kitchen and balcony gates.

The 5'-wide balcony overlooks the foyer, the floor of which is 20' below. The foyer is currently empty.

The kitchen is very large: it must support a lot of eaters. There is a cauldron hanging over a bed of coals in a fireplace, counters are set along the walls with various crockery on them, and several casks, boxes, barrels, and sacks are stacked in the corners. Most of the foodstuff is dried fish, various fungi, and some kelp-like plants. There is nothing of particular value or interest here.

Einar discovers that one of the keys opens the gate at the top of the stairs, which he picked earlier. The third key must fit the prisoners' shackles.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 24/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 18/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes looks at the cooking stuff and says "Wish I had some poison... stupid lizards..." he then shrugs and says, "Well, I guess we go back to the captives. What do you all think? Release Gatto and arm him, and then we tell the others we'll release them, but strongly suggest that they come with us, as they'll never make it off of here alive. Thats my suggestion anyway."

OOC: as he's said before, Grimes doesn't give a rip about any of the prisoners except the Gnome, but on the other hand, he doesn't want to see them foolishly run off to their certain deaths. He'd rather keep them chained than have them split and become easy fodder.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Dieter - Mage

Lets release Gatto and leave the others chained until we finish our business. Dieter will say on the way back to where the prisoners are.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes smiles at Dieter and shrugs with indifference. "Sounds good to me. Lets go set the gnome free and get to rescuing his comrade." As he gets ready to leave, he says almost offhandedly "Say, you don't suppose this could be some kind of set up, do you? He seems honest enough. But one can never be too careful." If no one else is suspicious, then that''s good enough for Grimes.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 pm

You reenter the prison with the two lizardman heads (carried by Grimes, who is short so the necks kind of drag along the ground leaving a nice little trail of blood) and show them to the two henchmen. They are scared speechless.

Einar produces the keys and quickly unlatches Gatto's bonds. Gatto is thankful and then says, What about the kids? with a motion to the other two. I promised them we wouldn't leave them to rot. If you're gonna leave them chained here for now while we rescue the elf, we'd better leave some food for them. Or we can lock up everything but the kitchen gate and this door and keep them confined to this area. That way they won't be chained no more but you don't have to worry bout them starting trouble. He says this in a normal voice and the two henchmen can hear clearly what is being discussed.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 24/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 18/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes says to the two men, "Look, I know you want to escape. But you won't make it out of this building alive without us. And we aren't leaving till we rescue Mr. Gatto's elf, and address the bad guys here. So you can stay here, with the food, and nice and secure, with all the lizards up here dead, or chasing us. Or we can leave you chained with nothing. Your choice. But I wont have you whining and running off at the first sign of trouble, and I won't carry a coward with me."
Then for affect, he take one of the lizard heads and makes it's mouth move saying in a lizardy voice "Yessssss, and we'll killlll anyyyyy whooooo esscaapppppeeeee..." then he smiles and surveys the men to see what they decide to do.

Grimes will also defer to the groups wishes, he just doesn't want to babysit these morons.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Dieter - Mage

Leave them chained... we'll be back to get them soon enough. Someone will have to haul our treasure out. Let's get a move on. Tossing 2 days worth of trail rations on the floor. Once they leave the room: Gatto, maybe you can find a useful weapon in the room we just killed some lizard men in.

OCC: Rations deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 am

Furuk chuckles at the gnome and his lizard heads. He checks his equipment and prepares to leave the room.

"We should head over to the balcony area and see what's there. Grimes has an extra weapon for you Gatto."
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes hands Gatto the club. "sorry I don't have more, but rest assured, we'll be killing more than enough of these things to equip you well. In the meantime, stay close and we'll do our best to keep you safe till you can get some armor and a suitable weapon." Grimes grins at the two weenies and says "Relax, gents. We'll be back for you soon. We've killed everyone and everything in front of us on our way down, and we'll keep killing till we finish this debacle up and get ready to head home - with you two in tow. So rest up, you'll need your energy for the walk home."
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain