Begining a new campaign...

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Begining a new campaign...

Postby Mimdalf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I have decided to give Mutant Future a try for my post-apocalypse gaming fix. The town the players will initially begin play will be an old amusement park, called Ferris. There are some great pictures of abandoned amusement parks on the web. The world also will have another village based on a drive-in theater called Starlight. The initial game will begin with a bang. The players home town comes under attack by some raiders who have cobbled together a "Tank" (modeled on the old Mark V WWI British Tank) homemade of course. "The Beast" as it is known will attack, and leave and come back, and the players must undertake a quest to find an old RPG in the ruins of an armory of the ancients. The players can then slay this "Monster" and become local heroes. Totally "borrowed" idea from the 80's movie "The Beast" Kinda sorta...
Mimdalf

Re: Begining a new campaign...

Postby bighara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Can't go wrong with abandoned amusement parks :D
bighara

Postby JDJarvis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Let us know how it played.
JDJarvis

Postby Mimdalf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 am

I just have to convince my group to give MF a try. I have a 24" square hex grid map with just the central mapped out for the players. They only have local knowledge of the surrounding area out to about 12 miles, with rumors of other places just beyond. I have lots of mini-adventure areas to place in the characters path. A sentient crystal forest that needs help, offering a PC the chance of the Quills and Spines mutation as a symbiotic crystal creature. A cannibalistic robot in search of fresh "parts". A vampire cloud of nantites sucking the Iron right out of it's victims, and then trying to construct a mysterious "thing". A mysterious keep constructed of ancient marble and granite tombstones. Top all this off with a crazy weather table with gravity storms that cause vertigo, acid rain, earthquakes, and bizarre color shifting storms. I have big plans LoL ;)
Mimdalf

Postby bighara » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:10 pm

A vampire cloud of nantites sucking the Iron right out of it's victims, and then trying to construct a mysterious "thing".

hee :mrgreen:
bighara

Return to Mutant Future