Warhammer RPG ideas.

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Warhammer RPG ideas.

Postby bat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 am

I was asked the other day to run a Warhammer rpg game by a friend and told him I would use LL as the core and use RoCC and bits from Mutant Future as a basis and run from there. There are a lot of great ideas in this thread to run with!
bat

Postby Blood axe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 am

Cool! Let us know how it goes. I might play a short "one-off" PBP game here. But the players would have to have some experience with the Warhammer World- or be willing to study it a bit.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Eradico Pravus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:37 am

Blood axe wrote:Cool! Let us know how it goes. I might play a short "one-off" PBP game here. But the players would have to have some experience with the Warhammer World- or be willing to study it a bit.

Blood axe, if/when you run a warhammer campaign... Count me in! I've played first edition WFRP and read a lot of the novels.
ImageImage
Erkun al-Kazeef / / / Dygand
Eradico Pravus

Postby Blood axe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 am

Eradico Pravus wrote:
Blood axe wrote:Cool! Let us know how it goes. I might play a short "one-off" PBP game here. But the players would have to have some experience with the Warhammer World- or be willing to study it a bit.

Blood axe, if/when you run a warhammer campaign... Count me in! I've played first edition WFRP and read a lot of the novels.

Ive read a few. I played the table top game and been in a bunch Warhammer forums. It would be a smaller group- maybe 4-6. I just dont want to have to spend alot of timing explaining about the Empire and other details of the Warhammer world. It is a gritty place with a certain flavor.
I will certainly include you if you like- if or when I get it going.

-------------------

I have some other strange ideas Im kicking around for some one-offs. A western game. A Super-heroes game- with 2 teams- one heroes, one villains! A Zombie escape game. And a Bunny Rabbit game. (Yes really! Watership Down- Bunnies & Burrows!)
Blood axe

Postby Eradico Pravus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 am

Dude, I love the novel Watership Down... Bigwig is my hero!
ImageImage
Erkun al-Kazeef / / / Dygand
Eradico Pravus

Postby Blood axe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 am

Eradico Pravus wrote:Dude, I love the novel Watership Down... Bigwig is my hero!

LOL, could be fun for a one-off. Easter is coming. Kind of a Secret of Nimh type game.
Blood axe

Postby rabindranath72 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 pm

I have used something similar in my last AD&D 1e campaign; I had the players roll normal humans characters, and roll on the Secondary Skills table. That was their career. When they earned 500XP they would become 1st level characters.
rabindranath72

Postby Mach Front » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:I have used something similar in my last AD&D 1e campaign; I had the players roll normal humans characters, and roll on the Secondary Skills table. That was their career. When they earned 500XP they would become 1st level characters.

Heh. Indeed. That's really enough.

I've been thinking for quite a while (and working on it on and off) of using Swords & Wizardry: WhiteBox for a Warhammer game. It's pretty much boiled down to simply: add a rogue class, use Akrasia's Background Professions and some notes on a handful of monsters. That's all that was really needed.
Mach Front

Postby Thoth Amon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:26 pm

I ran a Warhammer campaign using B/X. I added firearms and just let the rest of it roll as per the rulebooks.
Thoth Amon

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Mach Front wrote:I dig Warhammer, but it feels bizarre to me to be jumping from career to career to career to career when you're 'busy' being an adventurer.

Yeah, the system breaks down if you play the way most megamodules or D&D games work with adventure after adventure.

Where it shines is if you run it the way I run D&D. One adventure per "season" at most, typically an average of 1.5 adventures per game year. That way much more time in the game setting is occurring behind the scenes with the characters doing what the characters do when they aren't out there adventuring. When the shit hits the fan, Gregor the fisherman can be relied upon to provide some backup because he's an old friend, but he spends his time fishing mostly... except the last couple of years when he moved on up and now runs a riverboat operation (change in careers).

I do this for the vast majority of my RPGs. It keeps level advancement from seeming insane. "I started adventuring at 16, and now, six weeks later, I've got my own thieve's guild / am an archmage / run a nation!" I like my high level characters to also be older.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord