Moderator: kjc

Red Eye

Postby kjc » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:48 pm

"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Re: Red Eye

Postby kjc » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Transpacific Flight 810 from Honolulu to Los Angeles departed at 10:00 P.M. beneath a full moon. The flight was sparsely booked during the off season, with only a handful of passengers and a single flight attendent. Total travel time was expected to be eight and one-half hours, with arrival at LAX at 6:30 A.M. Everyone aboard the "red eye" flight expected an uneventful trip.

They were wrong...
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 am

Dr. Bartel Hellerbach

The doctor is reading a research paper on the plate tectonics of Hawaii while sipping a "cheap" airline rum and coke....
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:02 am

Wendell Grimes, MD

Wendell is pleased over his rare bout of good fortune as the empty flight allowed him to upgrade his seat. He is currently enjoying some wine and cheese in the first-class cabin.
merias

Postby Miraje » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:14 am

Scott Blake

Scott has taken advantage of the nearly empty flight to isolate himself at the back of the plane with a steady supply of cigarettes, whiskey (Scotch, but it will have to do) and a sullen wall of silence. After a few angry snarls, the stewardess has decided to leave him to himself.
-- If you let their characters die, they stop suffering... --
Miraje

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 am

Kevin Connelly

Kevin is reading the paper he picked up in the airport. He keeps trying to engage the nearby passengers about the story on the front page.

Did you read this? It seems there was a string of gristly killings on the Big Island and Oahu. This is nuts. Throats torn out. Disembowelings. I was just at a security conference at the Waikiki Sheraton and you'd think this would have come up. Holy crud, it seems the killer used a knife or something.

Wow, this one happened right on the beach. Two kids in their early teens. There's a possibility there was a dog involved, from the tearing. I wonder if they have a suspect the authorities are keeping from the reporters.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 am

Whiplash - ROCKSTAR!

Whiplash reclines his seat, an open Hit Parader magazine in one hand and a glass of Jack Daniels in the other. As the flight attendant passes by his seat, he reaches over and gives her a firm pinch on the bottom, and winks at her. As she mutters some muted obscenities at him, he chuckles and starts to bop his head as he quietly sings some Ozzy tunes... he looks like he's enjoying himself, but inside he's a bit conflicted - wondering what he's going to do once this plane lands. But no matter - he's still got $1000, and a full tank of gas.
badams30

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 am

Directly across from Whiplash a young man slips on a pair of headphones as he eases his seat back. Suffering from the all too common delusion that headphones somehow improve one's singing voice, he loudly begins to shriek...

"...'Cause this is thriller
Thriller at night
and no one's gonna save you
from the beast about to strike
You know it's thriller
Thriller at night
You're fighting for your life.."

He punctuates his performance with some zombie choreography until he catches Whiplash's gaze. With a grin and a quick "thumbs up" gesture he proceeds to the next verse...
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Kevin J Connelly

Kevin continues to no one in particular, even trying to get the stewardess to listen, No seriously. One of the killings, a young woman, was found stuffed in a dumpster behind a dance club. Can you believe that? I actually saw that one. I was at that club after the convention getting a drink and saw the flashing lights as I was leaving. The officer in charge let me see the body. It was a sight, let me tell you. Wouldn't let me do any investigating... departmental jurisdiction and all that, but I did point out that the blood, what there was of it, that it was still too bright to have been too long ago. Then their forensics team showed up and I was sent back to my rooms.

How does this not have everyone's attention? It's not like wild animals or serial killers are common on the islands. It's supposed to be paradise, not New York City or south side Chicago.

He goes back to reading more of the article.
greyarea

Postby merias » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Wendell Grimes, MD

Wendell gets up and approaches the passenger talking about the murder in Hawaii.

"My name is Wendell Grimes, I couldn't help but overhear your interest in that story - perhaps you would like to join me in first class?"

He eyes Agent Connelly.

"FBI? Air Marshalls?"
merias

Next

Return to CRYPTWORLD