Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby merias » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Excellent! Dandy casts harm on Shae.
merias

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Suddenly in an icy pit, and seeing Castinus fall next to him, Grimes grits his teeth and plunges Wave at Shae, mumbling "Belenus, Poseidon, help us out, eh?"
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:25 pm

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter

Suddenly in an icy pit, and seeing Castinus fall next to him, Grimes grits his teeth and plunges Wave at Shae, mumbling "Belenus, Poseidon, help us out, eh?"

You aren't in an icy pit, you are on a 10' column of ice extending from the pit!

greyarea wrote:Shae (attack 1) creates a wall of ice that forms under her feet and up. The hole is filled and both she and the two she is in melee with are raised above the ground another 10' on a pillar of ice!
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm

The Heart of the Matter, round 10

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 3 party [1d6] = 2 :twisted:

Shae (attack 1) mumbles a few worlds and is wreathed in blue flames! (Dieter recognizes this as fire shield, the chill type.) She waits for Grimes to attack before her riposte. Grimes gets stabby again Grimes Wave attack [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15 Wave dmg [1d10+3] = 1+3 = 4 striking true, but the flames enveloping her travel up the trident and deal him twice what he dealt her! Blackrazor! [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15 flashes again dmg [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11 and Dandy falls, a husk of himself as the blade absorbs his soul!
The fire elemental strikes Elemental attack [1d20] = 7, missing, as does the owl owl attack [1d20] = 19, [1d20] = 3, [1d20] = 2 dmg [2d4] = 6 who shrieks as it feels the pain of its own attack!
Dieter calls up another elemental, this one of earth!
Dandy (who was in melee, so also fell into the pit and then up the column of ice) reaches through the icy flame and touches Shae, Dandy touch [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19 harm [1d4] = 2! She seems to lose her color again as the spell washes over her.
Furuk Furuk crossbow [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15 finally scores a hit dmg [1d8] = 5

The crossbow bolt hits the once-elvish maid, who crumples, her dead weight on the dwarvish cleric who catches her in his arms. She looks at him and a single tear forms, and she with her final breath she whispers, I only wanted to be loved, but my heart turned to ice. She expires in Dandy's arms, her eyes fixed on the end of the chain where the Heart hung, and the astral-bladed sword falls from her hand, off the column of ice, and to the floor below.

Belenus nods approvingly.

Uh-oh

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes -2/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 13/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus -6/34 dead
--Furuk 25/59
Dieter 15/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby merias » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Dandy falls to his knees and places Shae on the ground. "She was herself for just an instant..." he says to no one in particular. He then looks around at his fallen friends, then to Belenus. "Belenus, as yer faithful servant, I've one more request, if'n ye can, help me friends live again. I'm afraid I have not the power ta' bring 'em back now that blackrazor's got their souls, but I will try!"

With that, Dandy pulls the colored rod from his pack and moves towards Castinus.

ooc: Dandy has the rod of resurrection, which he'll try first on Castinus, then Grimes, but he also has a scroll of raise dead if the rod runs out of juice.
merias

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes kicks back, taking a cosmic rest. He gives his regards to Poseidon, giving a shrug when the god of the sea says "WTF was that about?"

OOC: Dying sucks. I was figuring I'd die, but hoping I'd go out like the time he rode the dragon in Skull Mtn. Damn.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Dieter - Mage

Eee gads! Dieter will mumble as he rushes over to where Castinus and Grimes lay. Please tell me you can do something Dandy!

OCC: That was epric, pogo ice pillars and all!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Soul of Castinus to soul of Grimes: "This is my side of the sword. That side is yours. Hey, what's that smell!?"

OC: Dying does suck, especially after surviving the Tomb of Horrors, but man, what an epic death! I am bummed that Castinus was just 1 XP away from name level, and never got to see his castle. Given the choice between retirement and this, though, I'll take this. He got his start in Blood Axe's Keep on the Borderlands adventure back in '09, and made it this far before getting killed. What more could you ask for?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:45 am

Belenus frowns and shakes his head.

There are things that even I am not permitted to do. And put away your Rod and Scroll. They are not merely dead but soulless husks. Blackrazor devours souls. For them to be resurrected the sword but be destroyed. Also beyond my power. If I interfere then a frozen world will be the least of your worries. Destroying the Heart of another god is permitted, destruction of an artifact like that is not.

Worry not. Your friends died well. A glorious death is to be coveted.

Remember, the sword, hammer, and trident are equal. Two are greater than one.

Belenus takes his leave and the Gate that transported him here closes behind him.
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk runs over to where Dandy is and stands in disbelief at what just happened before his eyes.
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain