Making some mutation packages of my own.

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Making some mutation packages of my own.

Postby Agrippa » Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 am

After taking a look at MythAdvocate's mutation package system I decided to try out myself on his thread. But since I didn't get any replies I moved it into my own thread. Hopefully I'll get more help here.

Spirit Mutant
From mighty demon lords to lowly gods of hills, forests and cities to haunting apparitions and even the fae, this world contains a motley group of spirits and spirit touched creatures. These spectral or semi-divine beings are demonic, godly, netherworldly or fae in origin. Some are pure blooded members of their kind while others are the semi-mortal descendants of these spirits or earthly creatures mutated by their prolonged presence since their conception.

Roll D8 Physical
1. Unique Sense
5. Bizarre Appearance
6. Epidermal Susceptibility
7. Pain Insensitivity
Roll D8 Mental
1. Possession
Last edited by Agrippa on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Re: Making some mutation packages of my own.

Postby MythAdvocate » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner.

As for otherworldly/alien types (Which I would dub Changelings) I would say the following:
Roll D8 Physical
1. Aberrant Form
2. Dwarfism (little people)
3. Metamorph
4. Optic Emissions
5. Albinism
6. Bizarre Appearance
7. Epidermal Susceptibility
8. Pituitary Deformation (wizened)
Roll D8 Mental
1. Control Light Waves
2. Mental Phantasm
3. Plane Shift
4. Possession
5. Dual Cerebellum (Defective)
6. Negative Empathy
7. Phobia (Iron, Church Bells, Daylight etc)
8. Weak Will
Last edited by MythAdvocate on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MythAdvocate

Postby MythAdvocate » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 pm

True otherworldly beings should be monsters and NPC's. Things that enter via Plane Shift and steal away the unwary. Changelings might be cross-breeds.
MythAdvocate

Postby Agrippa » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 am

I basically imagined my spirit mutant package to be some thing like Exalted's spirits, whether the creature is a demon, ghost, god or elemental. One of the few games where slaying or at least beating gods is rarely much of a feat, in some even for small children.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:31 am

I was thinking something like these as spirits.
They're bloody hands, gods of bloodlust and murder. Of course in Exalted "god" means spiritual bureaucrat whose job is to watch over, regulate and report back on all things under it's purview. It's mentioned in this thread.
Agrippa

Postby MythAdvocate » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:19 pm

That designation of "god" is well represented in folklore. And such nasty spirit beings are fairly common in one form or another.

I would say that PC spirits be created as per a race as opposed to a mutation list. Perhaps looking at Labyrinth Lord races as an example. Such as:

Elves
Hit Dice: 1d6 per point of CON
Mutations: Increased Hearing, Thermal Vision, Frailty, 1d4 Mental
Elves have pointed ears, and are thin, fey beings. They are very diverse in appearance, much like humans, and there are said to be different kinds of elves in distant locations. They typically weigh about 120 pounds and are between 5 and 5 ½ feet tall. Though very peaceful people who enjoy good, light food and play, elves are very talented fighters.

---------

In my home campaign of Atomic Dawn, several alternate planes/dimensions have been categorized ans have been several species of extra-dimensional races. Most of them are very alien in mind, and are unsuited as player characters. Though in a game where Mutant Plants are a possible PC race, this can easily be reconsidered.

Personally, I like keeping creatures that break the rules from time to time to be in the hands of the Gamemaster.
MythAdvocate

Return to Mutant Future