Inspired by dragon coloring...

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Inspired by dragon coloring...

Postby sniderman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:02 pm

One thing I always thought was cool in fantasy games were the various races of dragons. From the fire-breath of the red dragon, to the lightning of the blue dragon, and the poisonous gas cloud of the green dragon (or is that black?). Anyway, having one "kind" of creature that then broke down into sub-races depending on coloring, ability, intelligence, personality, etc. was something I wanted to experiment with. So I did so...

There are several "evil intelligent insectoid creatures" in Mutant Future: Mants, Mansquitos, and Cockroachoids off the top of my head. So I wanted another evil bug-man race. Taking the coloring as a jump-off point, I took the common stinging Yellow Jacket, mutated it up, then created four sub-races, each different in coloring, personality, and philosophy. And, as with dragons, each has a specific mutation unique to each sub-race. (Granted, three have a similar "energy ray" abilities, but it was what I initially had in mind when I began.)

What I think would be interesting would be to take the concept further. What would a Green Jacket be like? Or an Orange Jacket? Silver Jacket? What if there's a "good" Jacket race?

Thoughts?
sniderman

Re: Inspired by dragon coloring...

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Pretty cool idea. It would be neat to extend this into metals and radioactive elements for other mutant species as well.
JDJarvis

Return to Mutant Future