LL in Northern Virginia

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

LL in Northern Virginia

Postby Gandalfscion » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Comrades

Anyone want to start a new Labyrinth Lord Campaign in Northern Virginia? I could be the LL or a player, very flexible on how this goes. I was a D&Der back in the 80s and am now in my mid 40s with enough free time to return to the hobby. If you're interested send me an email.

gandalf_scion@yahoo.com

Thanks
Gandalfscion
Gandalfscion

Re: LL in Northern Virginia

Postby Gandalfscion » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am

Can it be that there are no takers? What happened to the hobby? Anyway, I’ll post a few campaign ideas just for fun/discussion.

Campaign Seeds…

Post Plague: Months ago a great plague swept the land. Your families fled to an isolated estate for protection, but the disease found you. Everyone fell ill and most died. Somehow you and a few others recovered. Now your small band of survivors must set out to reclaim abandoned lands.

Chaos Rising: Something attacked the local lord’s keep from below. The fortress is now in ruins with a crater in the courtyard. Someone must go down there to root out the aggressor and see if tunnels threaten other bastions. The village council calls on you.

Prophecy: Centuries ago the Great Prophet foretold seven signs of a coming apocalypse. The first, a red moon, occurred last week. Fortunately, in the Book of Remedy, he also foretold the steps necessary to negate the seven signs and so avert cataclysm. The Archbishop, who keeps the Book of Remedy, has summoned you.
Gandalfscion

Re: LL in Northern Virginia

Postby Gandalfscion » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:58 pm

House Rules:

Hammers, Maces, Morning Stars, Picks, Heavy Crossbows and Longbows penetrated armor well by concentrating their force at a single point of impact, but were also unwieldy and not as versatile as swords. Therefore, a character using one of these weapons enjoys a +1 to hit bonus when attacking an opponent in metal armor (banded, chain, scale, or plate) or rigid monster flesh such as dragon scales or beetle carapace. The versatility penalty of these weapons is already reflected in their lower variable damage die.

Flails could wrap around enemy shields even if they were a bit clumsy. Therefore, a character using a flail gains a +1 to hit bonus against a target with any sort of shield. Again, the flail’s lower variable damage die already reflects the difficulty of using it.

Two Handed Weapons enabled users to put more of their weight into the blow. Therefore, any character using a two-handed weapon may add an additional +1 to his damage die.

Custom Classes for Labyrinth Lord

These optional rules for Labyrinth Lord provide a mechanism through which players can mix and match the capabilities of existing classes to create their own new custom classes. Each custom character begins with 28 Build Points (BP) and can spend them as desired to acquire capabilities per the Capabilities Table. To make a custom character just step through the capabilities hierarchy choosing as you go.

Capabilities Table

Capability/BP Cost/Notes

Armor/Shields

All/6
Some/4/ No metal armor
None/0

Attack Table

Fighter/8
Cleric/Thief/6
Magic User/4

Code of Conduct/0/Earn +2 BP
Favored Enemy/2/Pick any one category of monster