Another Question; how do people deal with Men and XP

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Another Question; how do people deal with Men and XP

Postby gcsears » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:46 pm

When I look at the rules, I see the standard XP by HD formula. When I look at entries for Men (Brigand, etc...) their HD is determined by Con, much like Player Characters. There is a catch, though, in that their hit probability is determined by their level. How do people allocate experience for them? It seems overly generous to grant XP for a creature which hits like a 1st level character the experience for a 10th level monster. I figured the most logical answer was to award experience in multiples of 1 HD award (10xp), so a CON 10 Brigand would be worth 100xp.

What say the members of the forum? The same question could be asked of Androids, but their L5 save gives me the thought that I would treat them like lvl 5 monsters.
gcsears

Re: Another Question; how do people deal with Men and XP

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 pm

I treat them as level L1 monsters myself for experience purposes unless I give them mutations or advanced tech.
JDJarvis

Postby badger2305 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:19 pm

I think you would set their level as part of the encounter, e.g. "there are 4 humans here, all 3rd level, armed with vibroblades." I must admit, I'm just beginning to tinker with MF, so I'm speculating.
badger2305

Postby Eldrad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Maybe most should just have 1-5 HD and be done with it.

An average CON of10 gives them an average of 30 Hit Points.
A frag grenade for instance does 5d6 damage. So a grenade would HAVE to do max damage to kill any human.
It would seem ridiculous that a normal human could just shrug of a frag grenade.

It could be "interpreted: that "HD as CON" COULD mean that normal humans have their Constitution Score as Hit points.
That would be an average of 10 hit points.
That would make more sense and make Men more usable and fit within the game rules and make the PCs more heroic.
Heck that's what I am going to use!

It's not that humans are more powerful it's that there are far more of them. Most humans would lived in walled enclaves or underground bunkers anyway.

What do you think?
Eldrad

Postby S'mon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 pm

My inclination is to treat Men as normal monsters with hit dice (replacing listed level with hit dice), and treat PC-type Men with hp=CON as rare Heroes. Otherwise mundane weapons are ridiculously ineffective. Pure Strain Men would have 1d8+1 hd due to average CON of 13-14.

For eg a Pure Strain Human NPC with average 13d8 hp, I'd suggest maybe count them as 13 1 hd creatures for XP award?
S'mon

Return to Mutant Future