Chants and incantations for spells.

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Chants and incantations for spells.

Postby Agrippa » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:55 am

Does any one feel like helping me come up with some incantations? I don't mean Unearthed Arcana style incantations, just the the sort of words a caster might chant while casting spells. Think something along the lines of Dragon Slave's incantation from The Slayers.

One who is darker than twilight
One who is redder than flowing blood
Buried in the flow of time
In thy great name,
I hereby pledge myself to darkness
Those who stand before us in our way
All those who have become fools
Merge your power and mine
To grant destruction equally to all!!
DRAGON SLAVE!

Now you should know that at first this was for my psionics as magic (3.5) paint job from a while back. I also intended it for my sorcerer class. Here's the original thread if you want anymore ideas.
Agrippa

Re: Chants and incantations for spells.

Postby Malcadon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Great series! _\\\

I tried that, but my players had issue with reciting lyrics in mid-game. They would rather play the game with dice, that to have the game turn into a scripted poetry slam.

As for The Slayers, they would have issue playing in a world where female Magic-users cannot cast spells for 24–36 hours, every 28 days (yes, that is part of the show :?).
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Re: Chants and incantations for spells.

Postby Agrippa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Malcadon wrote:Great series! _\\\

I tried that, but my players had issue with reciting lyrics in mid-game. They would rather play the game with dice, that to have the game turn into a scripted poetry slam.

As for The Slayers, they would have issue playing in a world where female Magic-users cannot cast spells for 24–36 hours, every 28 days (yes, that is part of the show :?).

I'm not planning on porting over everything from The Slayers. All I'm doing is trying to come up with flavorful, in-game incantations. Maybe even spell stunting material, if you can figure out how to make stunting spells work. There's even a thread on this topic at the old White Wolf forums.
Agrippa

Return to Open Discussion