S&S 2e PDFs sent and orders shipping!

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

S&S 2e PDFs sent and orders shipping!

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I have sent download coupons to all supporters of S&S 2e via RPGnow. They went to the email you provided to Indiegogo.

I have shipped all USA Sub-Lieutenant orders, and all the rest of the orders at all supporter levels will ship next week and into the weekend after Thanksgiving. In the meantime please enjoy the PDF and thanks again for your support!

Best,
Dan
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: S&S 2e PDFs sent and orders shipping!

Postby gentleman john » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

PDF downloaded, thank you very much. I must say, I do like the new artwork.
gentleman john

Postby Krimson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 pm

PDF downloaded and on my Galaxy Tab for casual reading. Looking forward to the print copy, and it is a nice looking product.
Krimson

Postby JeremyR » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 am

Any other options for getting the PDF? Apparently I'm the only one that finds RPGNow to be a complete nightmare, but it simply doesn't work for me. After ages I can finally log in on Firefox, but then when I try to download, it keeps going into a loop at the watermarking stage, then about 5 minutes later, it logs me out. Doesn't matter which computer I try, either. And I can't even log in at all using IE. I suppose I should download Chrome and see if it works in it...
JeremyR

Postby Yasha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 am

I've just started looking at the PDF, but I did find it interesting that S&S 2e (like Stars Without Number) is being published without an Open Game License.

I also noticed that, although the text mentions full compatibility with Labyrinth Lord & Mutant Future, there are no conversion guidelines. (Though I'm not sure what explicit guidelines are really required.)
Yasha

Postby SchoolMaster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am

I got mine on my iPad now. Looks awesome!
Cordially
The School Master

Visit my blog,No School Like The Old School, for more retro gaming madness.
SchoolMaster

Postby bighara » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 am

D/L'd for some weekend reading.
bighara

Postby Kathulos » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Downloaded it about an hour ago and I love it!
Great new artwork and so so much easier to follow then the original edition. I'll be spending my weekend reading through it.
Kathulos

Postby Blood axe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Got my PDF, looks great. I havent had a chance to do much more than skim through it. Art is good. It reminds me a bit of Star Frontiers. Being a big Star Frontiers fan, I might do some converting. Some of the adventures and monsters might fit nicely. Also some extra player races would be great- Yazirians, Vrusks, Draalsites, etc.

Id love to see the K'zinti (cat guys) or maybe some Traveller Alien races. (Vargr, Aslan, etc.)
Once Im more familiar with the system, maybe I can try.

One question-
WHY the weird type? Different letters are different sizes, gives it a strange look. Not saying its bad, just....strange. Anyone else notice?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby redshirtfodder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I have not received my link but I got the email from Indiegogo saying the link was sent. The $5 contribution states "your name at the Ensign rank in the credits" I am wondering if my pledge went through. Anyone see Ernest Huff in the Ensign ranks?

Thanks!
redshirtfodder

Next

Return to Starships & Spacemen