publisher forums?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

publisher forums?

Postby bighara » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:01 am

Is it just my browser or are the publishing company forums gone?
bighara

Re: publisher forums?

Postby bighara » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Huh

Well, it's his message board. I kinda liked having one place for read about a particular company's stuff (and post my own). :)
bighara

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 pm

bighara wrote:Huh

Well, it's his message board. I kinda liked having one place for read about a particular company's stuff (and post my own). :)

Sorry about that, I had an announcement up but only over the last week (which I've removed) so it was probably easy to miss. Ever since we moved to the new forums the publisher section has been dead. I think you are the only one who consistently used it. So I felt that since they take up so much space it would look better to remove them, but also over the years we have more and more publishers and it just isn't feasible to have forums for them all, especially since it is so easy these days to set up a free blog site or what have you. Also publishers (and I'm guilty of this too) sometimes post ads everywhere except the ad forum, making publisher forums triply redundant. So I set up a generic publisher forum where if you like you can have a stickied thread about your company and continue to post announcements there, etc. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Brad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 pm

What's irritating (to me) is having to register for like 50 different forums just to keep track of everything that's going on. I finally just threw in the towel and only bother with GG, DF and the ODD74 board, occasionally looking at the S&S forum. Typically, I can get enough news that way, and anything important has a link to a publisher forum somewhere. Wrote off K&K after they directly insulted me over a difference of opinion.
Brad

Postby Lord Kilgore » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Also publishers (and I'm guilty of this too) sometimes post ads everywhere except the ad forum, making publisher forums triply redundant.

Thumbs up. +1. Exalt. Whatever.

Brad wrote:I finally just threw in the towel and only bother with GG, DF and the ODD74 board, occasionally looking at the S&S forum. Typically, I can get enough news that way, and anything important has a link to a publisher forum somewhere.

Same here. And if you meant S&W instead of S&S, you and I even settled on the same four.
Lord Kilgore was last seen entering the Lost Caverns some years ago...
Lord Kilgore

Postby Brad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 am

Lord Kilgore wrote:Same here. And if you meant S&W instead of S&S, you and I even settled on the same four.

That's the one...must have been reading too much Conan recently.
Brad

Postby rredmond » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:... Ever since we moved to the new forums the publisher section has been dead...

Just thinking about this earlier today. I think I'm much more active on the new boards than the old, but (if you still can) can you send an email blast to all the members of the old board with a "we moved and here's the new address" email?
Just wondering. It'd help folks find you, and remind some about the forums altogether.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Return to Open Discussion