When can we get a copy of this game?

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Re: When can we get a copy of this game?

Postby daddystabz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm

I see the PDF priced for $10 at DrivethruRPG. Do you sell it cheaper than that through your store? I was looking at buying the hardback for my print copy. I do not like soft back books mostly because I can't lay them open to a certain spot at the gaming table and have them keep open to that spot. The hardback version is selling for nearly $30 at Lulu. I find that a tad steep for only a 90 page book, especially when you include shipping charges. I do understand why you have to charge that much though to turn any kinda of a profit via Lulu. If the PDF is available at Goblinoid for only $6-something then that is quite reasonable.

I am not trying to criticize you and understand your position but times are tough right now for me. I get your point. I like Goblinoid and like what you are doing. Keep up the good work!

Goblinoid Games wrote:
daddystabz wrote:The fact that Goblinoid never does PDF + print combos turns me off. It is rather inconvenient and more expensive this way. I don't want to pay almost $30 for the book and then fork out another $10 separately for the PDF. These days I always want my games in both formats for various reasons, including having the PDF up while we are playing so I can ctrl + F search it when needed.

This may unfortunately make Cryptworld a no buy for me and that saddens me, being a huge Chill fan from way back and owning a ton of Chill products.

Customers who ask me to invest countless hours and thousands of dollars to bring a product to completion, and not charge a reasonable price for it, turn me off. Here's the deal, I understand your point of view, and even agree with it in some cases, but I'm not apologetic about it in my case for this reason. I price my stuff reasonably. You can instead buy another perfect bound game in the mid 20 buck range and get your free PDF, but was the PDF really free? I charge 6.45 for the PDF and less than 20 bucks for the perfect bound. In fact, I don't charge 10 bucks for any of my PDFs. Many other publishers would charge as much more for the print books as I do for the PDF separately, and many charge way more for the PDF. Come on, your going to tell me that my pricing structure is unreasonable? If it were any less I'd never break even on anything. Keep in mind whatever your paying I'm also paying manufacturing costs and/or a royalty to the vendor, and trying to chip away at the price of art, writing, etc. I won't see a profit on CRYPTWORLD for a while.
daddystabz

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Blood axe » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Is the price showing up wrong?

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/118860/Cryptworld

$6.45
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby daddystabz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I honestly didn't know till this thread that the PDF sold in the Goblinoid store for even cheaper than the normal PDF places like Drivethru RPG and RPGNow. That is very nice of you and I will try to spend my money through your store every time to try to support you any way I can. I already have copies of LL + supplements, Mutant Future, Starships & Spacemen 2e and as of today, Cryptworld. I always like to get the PDF and a print copy.

Next I will have to grab Rotworld too.
daddystabz

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Wow, so I supported Dan and saved money to boot? Hells yeah!
greyarea

Postby sniderman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:15 pm

daddystabz wrote:I see the PDF priced for $10 at DrivethruRPG.

You do?

There seems to be something wrong with your computer.
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Just to clarify the price is the same at RPGnow as at the Goblinoid Shop, but when you buy from the GG shop I only lose Paypal fees rather than a big 35% chunk that RPGnow takes. It really adds up.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby daddystabz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm

That is what it says right now but I am 90% sure last night when I saw it it read $10.

I will buy from the Gob shop and try to support you any way I can. I will also order a print copy tonight too.
daddystabz

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

daddystabz wrote:That is what it says right now but I am 90% sure last night when I saw it it read $10.

I will buy from the Gob shop and try to support you any way I can. I will also order a print copy tonight too.

No big deal, all seems straightened out now. Your support is much appreciated!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CRYPTWORLD