An Interlude

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: An Interlude

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes is fine with heading back to see Gruber. It looks like he may have misjudged the fat man. Perahps these scraps could earn us some brownie points. ANd the ogre note might be a lead to something new...

No one has spoken up for the ring of invisibility. If no one claims it, Grimes will, as he can do some serious damage with that.... Other than that, he has no specific interest in any loot. I guess we could just divy it up amongst ourselves?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Einar asks for the magic leather armor, the magic dagger and the philter of love. I can find good use for that, he says with a chuckle.

OOC: Please let me know if you give him said items.

You leave Einar to rest and regain his strength. He bids to you visit him if you need help in the town or with any other documents, but fears his adventuring days may be over. This town needs a good thieves' guild. Perhaps I can form one.

You leave wondering what a "good" thieves' guild might look like.

Heading out you go from the Shrine's rectory to the Alderhall, where Grüber's offices are. There seems to be a lot of activity. You spy behind a fence next to the Alderhall a great black destrier, still wet from his ride. He is large enough that Grimes might be able to stand underneath him with clearance to spare. There is another horse behind the great warhorse, this one a gorgeous mottled grey, also wet. Both are being attended to by stablehands. One of the stablehands spies you and closes the gate, obscuring your view.

A knock at the Alderhall door gains nothing. You knock again. You can clearly hear activity within. A final knock and Jayson opens the door a bit, seemingly ready to shoo off whomever he finds. He stops short and says, Oh, it's you. We're very busy in here. Is there some pressing business?

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter feels fine letting Einar take those items. Do what you must do brother. Few get to be consumed by death and return, your body and soul need time to rebuild. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Seeing all the commotion at Alderhall Dieter will respond to Jayson: We do not mean to intrude but we have business that Herr Gruber will make time for I am sure.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Jayson seems to ponder this for a moment. Then he makes a face as if to say "like I need another headache right now" and says, Fine, fine. Come in. I will see if you can gain an audience.

He leads you into the same anteroom where you waited before and leaves you there as he heads down the hall to Gint's office, gruffly saying, Pardon me to a porter with a tray. In fact, the Alderhall, from where you sit, seems remarkably busy, with servants going from here to there, which seems very odd since it was quite calm and quiet the other times you were here. All of the office doors are closed down the hall, but one opens and you see two clerks or scribes, you can't be sure, going over paperwork as they come out into the hall and almost immediately go into another office. A young maid enters, eyes down and hands full. She nearly runs into Dandy when she suddenly notices him and exclaims a brief "oh" and scurries out of the room. Two other servants bring in a long table and ask Furuk to step aside so they can place it. Then they look at it. Move it. Reassess. Readjust. And, seemingly satisfied, begin to leave once more.

Just then Jayson reappears and says, Master Grüber will see you now. He notices the table and snaps his fingers, gaining the attention of the two that brought it in. Not there, there! he commands with a point of his finger and a huff in his voice. The two servants scramble to move the table as Jayson says to you, please follow me and leads you down the hall to the office.

Jayson brings you into the office, not before another maid nearly bowls over Dieter in the hall, her hands full of linens. Instead of the main office you're used to, Jayson leads you to the ante-office with its huge oaken desk and velvet covered chairs. He motions for you to "wait here" and knocks on the heavy door leading to the windowless room where you met the seneschal before. The door opens just a bit and he says something through the crack. It closes again and Jayson turns to you and is about to say something when the door opens once again and Master Gint Grüber appears. He closes the door behind himself but not before you see a huge, armored figure in the next room.

Master Gint Grüber smiles as best he can. If it isn't my favorite band of adventurers. I understand you needed to see me?

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes strides in, Standing as tall as he can muster, nodding at Gruber, then he'll wait for Dieter to spill the beans on the letter. He hopes telling Gruber we discovered he was potentially the target of an assassination plot, and regarded by the bad guys as uncorruptable makes him a bit more cheerful.

Grimes will stand trying to look tough, staring in the direction of the armored figure.

OOC: Grimes has taken the ring of invisibility.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 pm

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will stand trying to look tough, staring in the direction of the armored figure.

The door to the other room is closed, so the armored figure isn't in view. You got a glimpse of him when Gruber came into the room you're in.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Grimes - Angry Halfling

OOC: Come on... open the door. Oh well, when life hands you lemons....

IC: Grimes stands in his tough guy stance, eyeballing the door. If that guy inside comes out, he's going to see one intense halfing staring at him.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Dieter - Mage

Good day, sir. Please excuse our interruption, we would not have pressed the issue unless we thought it dire. Producing the papers found in the mountain. While these papers mean nothing to me one of our party members who was recently brought back to the living can read them. It appears there is a group called the Haberdashers trying to retake Wolford after regrouping at Skull Mountain. The paper also makes note of an ongoing attempt to assassinate you as well as quite of few of the denizens of this city. Hence our urgency. He will let that sink in before bringing up the ogres.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Master Gint Grüber's smile fades as you tell him this. He asks for the papers, looks at them, scowls.

I can't read a word of this! he says in frustration before placing them on his desk. Why wasn't this brought to my attention sooner? Never mind that, I should be thanking you, I suppose. You say this was the Haberdashers? I've not heard of them.

Jayson chimes in. He could mean The Old Hat ring that the Captain of the Guard was working on for a while. He never cracked them, as I recall. They ceased activity here about when the reports of that cult at Skull Mountain were coming in: the kidnappings and so forth.

Grüber's brow furrows and he begins rubbing his expansive stomach. Right, right. Hmmm. I recall someone from their organization trying to bribe some of us here. Unluckily for them, Sir Taris is a very good judge of character. Luckily for us, it exposed a few clerks and servants who were of less resolute moral character, so we were able to fire them and hire better. But assassination, that's new...

Jayson, fetch the Captain of the Guard.

Jayson leaves the room in a hurry. Gint clucks his teeth with his tongue as he thinks.

So you say these Haberdashers are trying to retake Wolford? You don't happen to know where they are now, do you? Or who they are lead by? How did you come across these papers?What is your source?

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 am

Dieter - Mage

We encountered Tolvik and Bars in Skull Mountain, on our way out of the depths. After dispatching them we recovered these papers. Einar was dead at the time so we had no idea what they contained. Einar, now amongst the living again, was able to read them not long ago. Fearing something sinister is afoot we made our way here with haste knowing that our valued benefactor might be in danger. Giving a moment of pause... We also encountered a band of ogres on our way into the town, after making short work of them we recovered these documents. Producing the ogre documents. Strange enough that they would have anything written... it appears that they are trying to setup camp somewhere between here and Skull Mountain. It also seems that ogre mages are with them... probably the writers of the document. This place is getting quite a bit of attention I would say... He will say stroking his chin.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain