Again, into the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Again, into the Manor

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk stands in awe after seeing Shae turned back to flesh.

"Yes, let's find a place to rest."
Last edited by Craigers07 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigers07

In the meantime, I'll make me some basilisk boots

Postby Fearghus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Einar, Thief

Einar shrugs and suggests, "Why not here?" He moves to secure the door to the room unless his companions object.
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:01 pm

The party closes and braces the door. A watch is set up and Theo and Karl make everyone cold sandwiches from the food they have. They mutter that the food would have been better if they'd gone above for the night. No one could argue that the smell wouldn't have been.

The night passes (secret roll) uneventfully. In fact, not a peep is heard.

Morning (or at least a good night's sleep) comes quickly and spells are prayed for and re-memorized.

Exploration thus far

Dandy says, Ey 'ad a dream last night. Belenus came tae' meh and told me trouble's afoot back at the town. We should git a move on.

Theo and Karl look at each other and Theo gives Karl a shove. Karl pipes in, Yeah, last night when I was repacking for better weight distribution, I noticed the crystal ball where you can see your bank vault is dark. Like I've looked at it in the past and seen the gold and stuff we carried out of the mountain for you. I've always been able to see it, even at nighttime. But now there's nothing. I don't know what that means.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 17/46
--Furuk 30/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter gives Shae a hug: Good to have you back with us! Dieter hits the books during the evening.

OCC: Spell list includes: magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud and fireball x2.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 am

Grimes - Fighter

at the mention of empty vaults and trouble afoot in town, Grimes' demeanor changes... "We kin' take a break from this for now. All this talk of flagging fortunes and such is making me nervous. I say we see what's goin' on back in town."

OOC: Grimes votes to head back posthaste.
badams30

Postby kjc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage

Shae warmly returns Dieter's hug. "Thank you" she whispers. Then holding the mage at arms length, she asks "So what mysteries and wonders did I miss? And will someone please introduce me to our new ally?" she smiles. Glancing at Castinus discreetly, she wonders about his lukewarm reception,'he does not seem particularly pleased to see me...' she thinks.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Dieter - Mage

To Shae, but not quietly: Well, more Ogre mages and trogs. Some kind of crystal folks. I think some of the magic surrounding them or this place may have touched my mind. My dreams are odd of late... shaking his head.

To the party: I agree with Grimes that we should head back to town soon... something I fear is awry. Maybe it's just this place but we need to be sure.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:51 pm

There is still some yet unexplored, but Vera, the Ogre who was terrorizing the manor according to the note, is dead.

With Grimes' and Dieter's votes the party packs up and heads back townward.

Exiting the manor, you discover it to be the middle of the night. Apparently you didn't keep track of time so well while you were down below. You pass by the tower of abusive dwarves. It's still locked and they're still in there and they tell a helpful Dandy to, Go away and mind yer own business you meddlers.

Not far from the manor are the horses (and Grimes' and Dandy's ponies) and the party saddles up. Einar disappears for a tic and returns with his own steed. The party regrouped, you head off. Karl and Theo are surprisingly quiet.

You ride for hours and see morning break, stopping for some food, but only briefly as time feels as if it's of some essence.

Continued in The Town That Was Not There...
greyarea

Previous

Return to Skull Mountain