1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Aristide, Roikos, Tasrem and Joffrey spur their mounts south, back the way they came, trying to return to the village before sunset. Meanwhile, Taranna, Zelaz and his new pet hellhound turn their mounts around and return to the scene of the massacre. Within minutes, they're gone from view.

You ponder the loss of your comrades in arms, no matter how little you knew them. Never did it occur to you that such dark times could befall the republic. Who could be behind these raids? And why?

As the last of the sun's rays fade in the west, you reach the descent leading to the ford you crossed earlier in the day.

Suddenly, a chill fills the air. Despite the desert heat, you shiver and shudder for a moment. Your mounts all begin to bray and whinny, and you struggle to stay in your saddles. Within seconds, the chill passes, replaced by feelings of exhaustion and despair. It's as if some evil spirit passed through here, and through you.

Seconds later, off to your left, your hear a scream. It sounds like someone crossing the river. Whoever it is, they're in trouble!

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide glances at the others, and with a shrug says "I hope this isn't a trap. Probably need to check it out though, eh?"

He makes a pained expression, hoping that this turns out to be nothing, but he knows that's not the case. He follows the others, assuming they go. If they don't, he slowly heads in the direction of the scream.
badams30

Postby saalaria » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 am

Joffrey - Noble Fighter

"Nothng wrong with a decent test of arms Aristide - it builds character. I didnt get to where I am today without testing myself in combat! Shall we..."

Joffrey turns Zephyr and heads to the screams.
saalaria

Postby kwll » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Tasrem raises an eyebrow, then follows the fighter and thief. "Check what it is we certainly must. Too bad that we did not stay all together..." he says, with a trace of regret in his voice.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 am

ROIKOS: Cleric

"I insisted we stay together... this is why."

Putting his training to the test, the Cleric runs scenarios through his head, "Normally I would ask our subterfuge expert to scout the situation, but the screams suggest time is no luxury." Again, Roikos spurs Penhaligon into a sprint toward the screaming.

OOC: Sorry guys ~ I was in a job transition / started the new job and things are acclimating well so I should be back to regular posting(s). Sorry about disappearing for a few days there. :?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:14 pm

You spur your mounts in the direction of the scream. With a thundering of hoofs, you're down the slope and splashing across the shallows of the ford. The water is still swollen with bloated corpses.

About halfway across, you see a lone figure in plate armor, desperately swinging a mace at...you're not sure what. It looks like a black cloud, with claws!

You're about 50 yards away. Neither the man nor the monster appears to have noticed you.

Aristide 44/44
--Max 19/19
Tasrem 14/15
Sir Joffrey 46/51
--Zephyr 15/19
Roikos 50/50
--Peny 14/16

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:56 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide pauses, his jaw dropping... partly in amazement, but mostly in fear. After the initial shock passes, he quickly dismounts and points his sword, three musketeers style at the black shadowy thing and says "Pardon me, please stop now, or we'll be forced to drub you... seriously."

He advances slowly, being careful to not advance ahead of those more suited to combat or braver than he is...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Zelaz approaches from the other direction. Horace, hold. I must investigate this! With a word and a wave he casts fly and flies up to get a better view of the encounter, hovering 50' up and nearly over the black cloud and warrior. He tries to assess the situation.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Taranna

Seeing her friends and the engagement she spurs her horse on. She will attempt to close distance with the melee.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:59 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric

The Cleric, assuming Aristide & Zelaz are exploiting tactical advantages with surprise and magic, has no other choice than to help the man in platemail pushing Peny into a charge to close the distance on the remaining 50 yards.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads