A change of scenery and some new blood...

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: A change of scenery and some new blood...

Postby tumblingdice » Sun May 03, 2015 11:38 pm

"Well, this beats anything I've got going on," Badobus declares. "Thee Moonshaes are a damp climate, and my joints will hate me for it. But, if we're successful, then I can hire beautiful serving wenches to rub ointment on me. Heh heh heh! I'm in!"

The gnome leans back, taking another puff from his cigar. He motions for a drink with an obnoxious snap of his fingers.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Mon May 04, 2015 3:27 am

Spanningtree wrote:Nahin - Elf

Hello, Holgrim and Howie, I am Nahin and this is Marcus. Pleasure to make you acquaintance...

Jayce - Fighter
Jayce shoots Nahin a puzzled look, wondering why he was omitted from the introductions. "And I am Jayce Barcel, well met gentlemen!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 am

OCC: I am in class this week, weekend and part of next week. It's pretty intense, please NPC my character!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:17 am

With no barmaids about, Badobus' finger snap for booze is met with curious glances and an empty tankard.

Flamstred looks about the assembled group. Since everyone seems in approval of the contract, he waits for a signature, which Hogrim and Badobus sign, and presumably Marcus and the others sign as well. Once the contract is signed, he rolls it up and secures it in the scroll tube. He then pulls out what looks like a black wadded up handkerchief from his pocket, which he smooths out on the table and sticks his hand into it! He produces a wax sealed document and hands it to Marcus, but clearly it's intended for all present. He folds and stows the portable hole into his robes and he says (with some hesitation) "I must warn you: Once you've unsealed this document, I cannot allow you to withdraw from this mission and live; this is a matter of state security. Consider your actions carefully, then. Upon my honor, this document contains no alteration in your agreed task."

The parchment is sealed with a wolf's head symbol set in wax.

Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 am

Marcus shows the parchment around asking if anyone recognizes the symbol. If no one responds, he will open it.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Marcus shows the parchment around and no one seems to recognize the symbol - until Holgrim sees it. He sets his tankard down and squints as he looks at it, then with a raised eyebrow he says "Hmm, the lone wolf." He glances up, his gaze shifting from Flamstred to Marcus. He says quietly "I've seen this before. It's the Kendrick family." Seeing no recognition he rolls his eyes and says at a barely audible whisper: "the ruling family of the Ffolk." He shrugs and exhales loudly and says "open it. I'm getting a drink." And he snags his tankard, turning for the keg.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm

"Back out and we die," Badobus ponders. "I've gotten worse deals. I'm still in."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Marcus looks at the gnome with a measure of disgust. You aren't of the Dutybound and your thoughts matter not to our mission. However, he continues, looking to Jayce, Nahin, and Grinkle, we too signed the document so we are bound by it. Let us see what we have here,

with that Marcus opens the parchment, breaking the seal.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Marcus opens the document, it's short but written on quality parchment in flowing script. It says:

"To those who accept the bond of Flamstred and with it the swordguard mission to Aithe:

My thanks and my debt. Dark days have come to the Moonshae Isles again, and we are in need of the strong and the valiant. Be it known that I personally shall reward four thousand pieces of gold, above and beyond your pay, to each adventurer in your band who comes to Caer Callidyrr and asks for it, assuming the blades arrive safely in the hands of the Lord of Aithe. I will offer more, at that time, to those among you who will give us substantial aid against the foes that beset us in the Moonshaes - dark men skulking behind witless pawns who may try to seize that which you guard. Bring this letter to me in Caer Callidyrr, and accept the thanks, welcome and hospitality of:

Tristan Kendrick
High King of the Ffolk
"

Flamstred finally sits, tapping the ashes out of his pipe and pulling out his tobacco pouch to refill the bowl. He nods at you all and waits for your reaction/questions/response.

Holgrim belches loudly and whistles, "Wheeeew! That's the big guy... heh..." And he pats Howie on the back.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 pm

"Dutybound?" Badobus says in reply to Marcus' disgust. "Dutybound. Hah! I was dutybound once. Worst week of my life. Thank the gods for my sister Ethel's apple pies. Got me feeling back to normal in no time."
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure